Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 28-05-2018 02:58 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

Go to solution
254 REPLIES 254
tankerspam
First Poster
Options

This issue is happening for me too, I can see there's a large gap since this initially occured, some months even. C'mon Samsung help us out!

0 Likes
BorisDS
First Poster
Options

Hi , 

have the same model and also the same 3.0.0.2 update , and after 7 days i started to drain battery....

😞

0 Likes
catsuk
Journeyman
Options

:serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth: Looks like i just joined the club.

Can't check the versions at present ... the battery has run out.

0 Likes
Gus12
Student
Options

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I did a hard reset about a month ago and it solved the problem; the battery started draining like a sieve this week, did a hard reset and it hasn't done anything to resolve the issue, just like everyone else has posted.  I'm really beginning to doubt that anyone at Samsung even reads these posts and realizes how frustrated their customers are.

0 Likes
patchOn
First Poster
Options

The main reason of this issue is the app and 3rd party watch faces. Please just reset your watch and make sure fully carged. Now use normally without any third party application. I hope your problem will be solved.

Thanks

Gus12
Student
Options

No, it isn't - I don't use any third party apps and still have the default watch face

0 Likes
Cerebrl
First Poster
Options

SOLUTION: turn off "dynamic workout" detection in the watch settings. It worked for me.

0 Likes
Decyther
Journeyman
Options

This is a new issue not related to watch faces.  My battery in the last couple of days has gone from 100% to 0 in around 12 hours or less. No new watch faces or updates in that time though I have noticed higher data usage on the Samsung accessory service app, 160mb in a 6 hour period in the background.Screenshot_20181017-144812.jpg

Gear S3 Frontier, Honor Play
0 Likes
Gus12
Student
Options

I'm not finding that in settings, how do you turn it off?

0 Likes
Decyther
Journeyman
Options
That screenshot is from my data usage screen in my phone's settings.
Gear S3 Frontier, Honor Play
0 Likes