Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 28-05-2018 02:58 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

Go to solution
254 REPLIES 254
Sujithkallinkee
Student
Options

I have the same problem , is there any solution yet vailable ?

docmarmo
Apprentice
Options

This is the Samsung Health App causing the issue .We've been on this firmware for awhile now and no issues... Since they started changing the Health app (which is HORRIBLE compared to the original) this drain issue reared its head .. 

0 Likes
REO1
Explorer
Options
Tried all that. They do not appear to have a solution.
0 Likes
REO1
Explorer
Options
They have no solution. Sent mine back 3 times now. They replace battery and say fixed. This is not a battery issue. They do not seem to understand or willing to admit it is,SW related
0 Likes
REO1
Explorer
Options
Yeah. They released new sw with no way to roll back. How stupid is that. Never,again!!!!
REO1
Explorer
Options
They have known this for 2 months. They are just feeding you b.s.. told me the same thing a month ago. Next they are going to tell you you abused your watch and try to blame it on you. Take pics before you send it in so u can prove condition.
REO1
Explorer
Options
Yeah. They are just ignoring the issue. Told me similar story a month ago.
0 Likes
docmarmo
Apprentice
Options

I hope they're following this thread because whomever redesigned the Health App should be demoted... The text is horribly small. The forced advertisements at the top with no way to opt out is Bologna. The health insite is just SILLY! Seriously does anyone agree with me?

And PS: How about glucose monitoring SAMSUNG if you want to make something groundbreaking! 

Adam18
Student
Options

Hi i had the same issue

It does seem to be the health app

what i have done untill there is a fix, open the galaxy wearable app on your phone, under settings select notifications, then select manage notifications and switch off samsung health.

I charged my watch to 100% about 2 hours ago and it is still on 100%, hopefully will help until there is a fix for the health app.

Thanks

Adam.

docmarmo
Apprentice
Options

I did the same and battery is 70% going on 24 hours ...