Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 24-10-2018 08:54 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
Vik7679
Apprentice
Options
This worked for me if you turn off the report on under diagnostics retains the battery drain. Since me doing this my battery on the watch is 91% where before this would been 60%.
catsuk
Journeyman
Options

@catsuk wrote:

@majornerd wrote:

try the following:

I had the same issue and found the solution on another forum that has worked like a charm, Charged to 100% yesterday 9am 10/18 and at 2:10 pm est today I still have 53% left and that is with location turned on and heavy interaction thru the day. 

1) go to settings on watch and go to "about gear" Scroll down to "report diagnostic ancd usage information and uncheck it.

2) next, and I thought this was a funny solution, but after the above put your watch on the charger and while it is charging, press and hold power until it reboots and let it finish charging. 

3) welcome to 3 days of battery life again.

Followed above yesterday ..after  10 hours over night now on 89 % . Are you some kind of Samsung Shaman ?.

thanks 

Update... 1 day and 14 hours  still on 63% ... just turned off "Report Diagnostic and usage info " and the reboot on the charger. looking good.

RobLobster
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I've found something else that works for me last night at 

https://www.iotgadgets.com/2018/10/samsung-gear-s3-and-gear-sport-battery-drain-problem-heres-a-fix/

But the way I see it, if passive usage data collection is causing this issue then it can get turned off anyway! So I followed your instructions. :smiling-face:

Thanks to all who suggest turning off usage data collection and rebooting, it sounds like that's working as well. 

0 Likes
CAZE
First Poster
Options
Hello I am experiencing serious issues with the battery life of my Gear S3 classic I already have installed all software updates to the versions shown below: Model SM-R770 Tizen 3.0.0.2 R770XXU2CRH1 KNOX 2.2.0 Fully charged it lasts only 4 hours until the watch shuts down. Then when I put it in the cradle to charge it again, it shows that the battery is still at 60-70%. From then, A full charge will take less than half hour until the green light on the cradle indicates that the charge is complete, even tough the battery is “supposedly” totally empty. Then the cycle repeats: battery will last only 4 hours , take it to the charge cradle, Watch shows the battery at 60%; charge in the cradle for 30 min or less…. All these means, that I have to charge my Gear twice a day. I have seen in various forums, that these issue is very common and so far no fix for it.
0 Likes
Adrianharvey68
Apprentice
Options

Hi mate go to phone settings go to apps then down to gear s plugin click on storage and clear data that will help you. A. Harvey 

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

@CAZE wrote:
Hello I am experiencing serious issues with the battery life of my Gear S3 classic I already have installed all software updates to the versions shown below: Model SM-R770 Tizen 3.0.0.2 R770XXU2CRH1 KNOX 2.2.0 Fully charged it lasts only 4 hours until the watch shuts down. Then when I put it in the cradle to charge it again, it shows that the battery is still at 60-70%. From then, A full charge will take less than half hour until the green light on the cradle indicates that the charge is complete, even tough the battery is “supposedly” totally empty. Then the cycle repeats: battery will last only 4 hours , take it to the charge cradle, Watch shows the battery at 60%; charge in the cradle for 30 min or less…. All these means, that I have to charge my Gear twice a day. I have seen in various forums, that these issue is very common and so far no fix for it.

Hi @CAZE, please search for the TAG "Solution"... you need to disable in the smartwatch the report and use. This fixed it

It's in the sheet 15 of this thread

Dr-Kuldip
Journeyman
Options

No need to do anything just go to play store App and give One star rating to Gear app,your problem will solve within a weak if they go through your comment. 

OMR
Apprentice
Options

I just did.
More should as well.

0 Likes
Unhappy123
Explorer
Options
Thanks Adam
0 Likes
Unhappy123
Explorer
Options
Yes i found the same,and also find it disconnects,plus heart monitor not working
0 Likes