Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 21-10-2018 02:38 AM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
VAD
Journeyman
Options
, I totally agree with you. But there are two major problems on this.
1st SAMSUNG seems to be sleepy... and
2nd You have to work better than NOT work at all, just changing some parameters on your Frontier.
The problem is located on Bluetooth (my opinion), that's why I suggested temporarily to disable Wi-Fi (can't work both!).
This is the reason that battery drains.
They should come very soon with a firmware update and fix it, but radio silence until now...
Vik7679
Apprentice
Options

I agree, that's the reason why we brought these fancy gadgets correct so why are we stressing. I know it's frustrating but it is what it is just a matter of time.

REO1
Explorer
Options

The ***** I have is when you call support they say u have to send watch in for service and will not acknowledge the issue.   If they would just come clean, suggest temp fix, and say new SW coming soon I would be ok.   On the othet side, my guess if they did this people would file a class action suite wanting refunds for defective product.  

0 Likes
Rajivpaudel
Apprentice
Options

Yes bro correct I now realize that I did the same and my battery is also running at 46 % after almost 40 hrs. Great man , suggest others to do the same till a solution is provided by Samsung

MichalK
First Poster
Options

I am not sure if it is correct. I same issue like you but what I done. I reset watch completely to factory settings and put the charging later take off and left till morning . In the morning I seen almost dead battery so I left watch without charging maybe on 20 hours . In between time make call to Samsung to complain about that issue. After that I charge watch and clean cache in phone. And I was register my watch in Samsung website. Then I was made reconnection watch with phone. And what's the best last charging was 24h ago and still have 79%. I think so solution is clean cache in watch and phone plus drain battery completely like pc to clean cache. 

0 Likes
Ozzyuk
First Poster
Options

Thats my first post .i have s3 frontier which i.love it since last week battery started drain crazy after last update.did straight took to samsung service and they said  its under warranty and we will fix it.after 3 days i got my watch back. New battery and motherboard been fitted.so i ask the tech guy why this happened?answer is so lacky well thats electronic devices and they all works with battery and batteries are not good ..thats a guy works on samsung services lol am i ***** ?or he thinks we are stupids ? Telling a tale to  a kid?soo i said if its happen again ?he said we will fix it again.then he add one note said to me if i were you i wont used these kind gadgets lol .anyway my advice to  people who have issue  watch comes with 24 months warranty.take the Samsung and get it sorted.rather than messing with it.good luck everyone.

0 Likes
RobLobster
Apprentice
Options

My watch started doing this earlier this week. I find that it doesn't do it when I have the Bluetooth off. I just turn it on a couple times a day to sync with the health app, and during that time about 5% will drain from my battery but after I turn the BT off it doesn't drain quickly. And this was after I performed a full reset. That did not help at all.

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

Some of us do some tests, like disable the automatic workout detection, bluetooh, checking Samsung health, enabling and disabling features ..

The problem is under de report of use and diagnostic as majornerd wrote  in the gear settings menu, go to "about gear" and scroll to locate Report diagnostic and use ... Disable it

Then put on Chargue and press the lower button - menu button - till the watch reboot.

You'll fix the issue

Adrianharvey68
Apprentice
Options
Hi mate go into your phone setting. Go to your apps ,click on gear s plugin then storage clear data.your watch will reset.back up your watch 1st.hope that helps you.it works for me.
REO1
Explorer
Options
Thx. I'll give it a try when i get the watch back from Samsung.
0 Likes