Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 20-10-2018 10:27 AM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
REO1
Explorer
Options

I did a forced stop on it on the phone with no impact.  Using Note5.  

0 Likes
REO1
Explorer
Options
Thx. Sad it makes the great features of the smart watch useless. Samsung needs to wake up!!! So far with this and the note 7 debacle they have a serious credibility problem
0 Likes
majornerd
Student
Options

I had the same issue and found the solution on another forum that has worked like a charm, Charged to 100% yesterday 9am 10/18 and at 2:10 pm est today I still have 53% left. 

1) go to settings on watch and go to "about gear" Scroll down to "report diagnostic ancd usage information and uncheck it.

2) next, and I thought this was a funny solution, but after the above put your watch on the charger and while it is charging, press and hold power until it reboots and let it finish charging. 

3) welcome to 3 days of battery life again.

0 Likes
majornerd
Student
Options

try the following:

I had the same issue and found the solution on another forum that has worked like a charm, Charged to 100% yesterday 9am 10/18 and at 2:10 pm est today I still have 53% left and that is with location turned on and heavy interaction thru the day. 

1) go to settings on watch and go to "about gear" Scroll down to "report diagnostic ancd usage information and uncheck it.

2) next, and I thought this was a funny solution, but after the above put your watch on the charger and while it is charging, press and hold power until it reboots and let it finish charging. 

MersauX
Apprentice
Options

I also disabled diagnostic reporting and health notifications and after almost 24 hours I still have 75% battery.  Not sure which one of the two worked though. 

Ste828
Apprentice
Options

Tried this and it seems alot better hopefully tjis will keep it going until samsung get their act together and put out a new firmware

Sujithkallinkee
Student
Options

It seems battery life is back to normal. Does it make sense to replace my gear S3 since I have only few hours left for the replacement window.

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

It worked!!! 

Just follow the instructions from majornerd. 

I just enable the auto detect workout and didn't drain my battery

Vik7679
Apprentice
Options

I know it's annoying, the main reason why i changed from Apple over to Samsung. Big retailers do this, there was s post mistakenly made live by Apple saying they on purpose produce updates to defect the current models to force people to upgrade on new releases. Apple apologuesd so guessing Samsung doing the same. This is why i was hesitate to get a smart watch the hassles we all go for and you think normal watch be better off then smart watch.

catsuk
Journeyman
Options

@majornerd wrote:

try the following:

I had the same issue and found the solution on another forum that has worked like a charm, Charged to 100% yesterday 9am 10/18 and at 2:10 pm est today I still have 53% left and that is with location turned on and heavy interaction thru the day. 

Followed above yesterday ..after  10 hours over night now on 89 % . Are you some kind of Samsung Shaman ?.

thanks