Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 03:02 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
jaskirat8
First Poster
Options
Not sure but i read on one of the screen that they consider some every 10 feet as 1 floor climb. Maybe that could have triggered floor count post you disabled alti-barometer
0 Likes
jaskirat8
First Poster
Options

@sorin76 wrote:
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok

Not sure but i read on one of the screen that they consider some every 10 feet as 1 floor climb. Maybe that could have triggered floor count post you disabled alti-barometer

0 Likes
Dr-Kuldip
Journeyman
Options

If you wish to get rid of your Sensor issue and Battery issue then simply rate 1 star on play store within a week they themselves will solve the issue. Just do it 

sorin76
Apprentice
Options

@jaskirat8 wrote:

@sorin76 wrote:
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok

initially from the wrongly counted floors I suspected the error in the altimeter-barometer app, I uninstalled it, and still climb up the floors without taking a step....

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options
That's what I wrote... Samsung needs to review the full Firmware... this is a mess
catsuk
Journeyman
Options

I charged the watch up to 100% about 4pm, went to bed about 11pm Gear was on 91%, woke up at 6am  with low battery warrning approx 4% apps using most power showing as health app 14%  and notifications 21% . In to work by 7am charged again to 100% .Its now 2.30 pm so now been on for nearly 5 hours and battery level 90%.

Only things diferent between day and night is do not disturb schedule comes on at 11pm and off at 5.30 and I was asleep.

Looks like we need to keep moving in our sleep to charge the battery 🙂

Does this mirror anyone else ?

nFoxInc
Apprentice
Options

What drains!What drains!9 Notifications enabled9 Notifications enabled

Mine eats battery like thursty vampire, ~15 hours and then dead, issue appeared suddenly  two days ago!

nyespo77
Apprentice
Options

I had a battery life of almost 3 days prior to the update - now I am lucky if I get 6 hours without the watch dying. I am using the stock watch face, no extra apps, and barely use the watch except for checking text messages. I got the watch less than a year ago and have had issues with both the updates samsung pushed. I contacted support ..... still waiting for a response

UrsusKnut
Journeyman
Options

Hi...

Exactly this happened to me today, when i went to sleep it had 90% of battery... Suddenly in the morning when i was getting ready to work *beep beep beep* low battery chime... It have reached 15% just in one night...

I checked out the battery consumption, 13% notifications - 13% samsung health and everything else was bellow 2%

I just googled up this issue thinking it was just a mere coincidence but now I see its not...

Just to let you know guys, i have less than 3 months with this new S3 Frontier and this is a warranty change for battery issues.

Im going to reset the watch and disable all the Shealth features, GPS stuff, barometer and that stuff... Wish me luck

Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

@UrsusKnut wrote:

Hi...

Exactly this happened to me today, when i went to sleep it had 90% of battery... Suddenly in the morning when i was getting ready to work *beep beep beep* low battery chime... It have reached 15% just in one night...

I checked out the battery consumption, 13% notifications - 13% samsung health and everything else was bellow 2%

I just googled up this issue thinking it was just a mere coincidence but now I see its not...

Just to let you know guys, i have less than 3 months with this new S3 Frontier and this is a warranty change for battery issues.

Im going to reset the watch and disable all the Shealth features, GPS stuff, barometer and that stuff... Wish me luck

I only disabled the automatic workout detection and currently is working fine

0 Likes