I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 22.214.171.124
On Tizen 126.96.36.199, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 188.8.131.52, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have the same issue. Battery does not last the day. In addition, my wake up gesture is not working anymore and when charging while the watch is On, the screen does not rotate.
Same here and I'm very annoyed.
It used to be 3+ days and now I can barerly get 1 full day.
I have tried:
- resetting the gear
- reinstalling the gear plugin on my phone
- disabling different things (like automatic heart rate monitoring)
- changed watch face
Nothing seems to works. It's definetly the OS version.
I've contacted support and they have advised me to send the watch in for repairs.. but still, how can this be a hardware issue?
I'm pretty dissapointed in Samsung and how they treat thier customers.
I read some posts on this forum suggesting that the drain could be caused by different watch faces...I deleted some of the recent installed watch faces.
I also disabled "About Gear" -> "Open source-license" -> "Report diagnosis and user info".
I can see that the battery drain is substantial less than before - most likely I will have approx 3 days of battery life again...
Update since my last post:
After several days of testing here are my results, which will hopefully be of some assistance to some.
--> High battery usage was caused by a number of non-default Watch Faces. The animated ones were the worst.
--> Deleting the non-default Watch faces did not make any difference to high battery usage. They seem to stay in RAM.
--> Remediation steps:
1) Factory reset
2) Do not restore previous configs. Reconfigure it from scratch.
3) Only use the default watch faces - the B&W Digital clock face is the one I use. Tip: You'll need the Samsung phone Gear app to customise it if you want to change some of the indicators to things like 'Battery'. The iPhone Gear app doesn't let you change it. You're stuck with only being able to toggle between Steps/HR/Date/World Clock.
Once I did this, I got 2.5 days out of a full charge. This is because I have Bluetooth On all the time and I do a one hour workout everyday, so it could have been even better. Note: I do sleep tracking so before going to sleep I enable 'Do not disturb' and 'Power Save'. Another interesting find was that after enabling Wifi and Location On during the day, I still got 2 full days of battery charge.
All in all I am really impressed with this watch and cannot wait to explore more of its features as time goes on.
I have the same problem with my gear s3 frontier. After the last upgrade the battery doesn't last more than 20 hours. I have also tried restarting the watch and disabling all functionalities (wifi, bluetooth, NFC...) and the result is the same.
The version we have is:
Tizen version: 184.108.40.206
Software version: R760XXU2CRG3
Knox version: 2.2.0
I definitely think that it's a problem with the new version.