Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 12/06/19 10:04)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
cephalon
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi BandOfBrothers

Thanks for your input.

I read some posts on this forum suggesting that the drain could be caused by different watch faces...I deleted some of the recent installed watch faces.

I also disabled "About Gear" -> "Open source-license" -> "Report diagnosis and user info".

I can see that the battery drain is substantial less than before - most likely I will have approx 3 days  of battery life again...

View solution in context

254 REPLIES 254
Floffy
Observer
Options
Wearables

I just bought a brand new Frontier this thursday.
It's also on Tizen 3.0.0.2 and I'm not happy with the watch because of the battery issues.

I have disabled everything, but still battery is draining to fast. This night it went from 100% to 51% when I woke up. And I have almost disabled everything.
When will new software update be released?

I'm actually going to return the watch some time this week and get a another brand because of this.

0 Likes
Pablo2
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi,

Gear s3, Tizen 4.0.0.2.

My battery drain problem came from a widget. I didn't get any feedback from the watch till yesterday (2 months with high battery drain issues). Yesterday I got a message saying the calendar week number message widget was draining my battery. I stopped the widget and the battery behaviour is now as before having the issues (now is ok).

I guess the issue is that widget battery consumption is not reflected in the summary, only apps are shown. 

You all can try eliminating all widgets to see if the problem comes from there and add one by one every day monitoring the battery consumption (just an idea).

Regards,

Pablo. 

0 Likes
NavedRasul
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Thanks, this solved my battery problem. 🙂

Fishdogtoungy
Options
Wearables

I have just noticed in the last 2 days my battery has been draining lile crazy. Yesterday it died for the first time ever in the 4 months i have owned it and today i left for work with it at 100% at 6:55am and it is now 11:08am and its at 27% i habe reset my watch and has done nothing. I have only 2 watch faces no other apps or anything different from the rest of the time. Keep in mind i do turn it off every now and again too reset the systems. Please post some tips because if this continues i will probably have too try and return my item (doubt i can get a refund) and just go back too my g-shock

beobe
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi, I have exactly The same problem! Everything was ok on tizen 3.0.0.1 and now after the update to Tizen 3.0.0.2 my watch dropped on battery life span from 3/4 days down to barely 1 day! This is ridiculous Samsung, come on fix this please asap

beobe
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I fixed my issue by login to my Samsung account and accepting all the new terms and conditions. 👍

0 Likes
Fuddi
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I'm having the same problem 😞

Did you login to your Samsung account and accept all the new terms and conditions... 🤔 

Can you tell me more about it?

Thanks.

beobe
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi, yeah I think that RODO (new EU law for protecting consumers rights) had something to do with it. I had to use my laptop (It didn't work on my mobile) to log in onto my Samsung account and I had to accept the new terms and conditions.

0 Likes
ahotiK
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Hi guys!

My problem got solved miseriously.

I got an update for the Gear back in july (2018) and I was so happy, but it didn't solve anything. Same problems with warm watch while charging, and around 10 h worth of battery.

In august after the Galaxy Watch reveal I got an update for the Gear plugin / Galaxy weareble app and the problem just dissapeared. I don't know if it's due to the app or not

I now have 3-4 days battery on my watch again and I'm so happy for it.

I'm still on Tizen 3.0.0.2

Software version: R760XXU2CRH1

Knox version: 2.2.0

TIMA: 3.0.0

Gear app (on phone) 2.2.21.18080361

Gear S plugin 2.2.03.18071151

0 Likes
Fred35
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

3-4 days !!! 

I would love to have that with l8ne. 2 days and some hours is max.

What s your setup ? Do you pit the watch off night ?

0 Likes
RobLobster
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@Fred35 wrote:

3-4 days !!! 

I would love to have that with l8ne. 2 days and some hours is max.

What s your setup ? Do you pit the watch off night ?

No, I wear it at night, one of the reasons I got it was for the sleep tracking. But I use a watch face that doesn't constantly track my heart rate, that's darker. I keep the AOD off and I play with all the settings. I keep my notifications to a minimum, just apps that have business with the watch, phone and messages. Sometimes if I'm sitting in my office for a long period imput the watch on the charger but even if not I can get to the fourth day before it asks me to go into low power mode . It won't do four full days, but I can definitely get three full days out of it. 

0 Likes
Fred35
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Thanks 4 your detailed answer 🙂

0 Likes
Chrisjuh
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Don't know what you are talking about.... please explain
0 Likes
Dr-Kuldip
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Please help me out
0 Likes
cephalon
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I read some posts on this forum suggesting that the drain could be caused by different watch faces...I deleted some of the recent installed watch faces.

I also disabled "About Gear" -> "Open source-license" -> "Report diagnosis and user info".

I can see that the battery drain is substantial less than before - most likely I will have approx 3 days  of battery life again...

USA-Florida
Options
Wearables

Same here... Samsung, please help.  Watch battery does not last a day with latest OS 3.0.0.2.  It used to last 3 days before!  Please help!

sorin76
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

altimeter-barometer was the cause of battery discharge, from 3 days to 1 day maximum, I uninstalled it, and consumption stabilized at 25% -30% per day. the idea came to me because the data was far wrong (altimeter-barometer)

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options
Wearables

@sorin76, in my case I just followed up the instructions to disable the automatic workout detection inside the Samsung Health app, and right now it's fully stable... Weeeeeeeeeeeird!!!

sorin76
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok
jaskirat8
Observer
Options
Wearables
Not sure but i read on one of the screen that they consider some every 10 feet as 1 floor climb. Maybe that could have triggered floor count post you disabled alti-barometer
0 Likes
jaskirat8
Observer
Options
Wearables

@sorin76 wrote:
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok

Not sure but i read on one of the screen that they consider some every 10 feet as 1 floor climb. Maybe that could have triggered floor count post you disabled alti-barometer

0 Likes