Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 extreme battery drain after One UI update!

(Topic created on: 26-05-2019 11:45 AM)
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

Hi Folks,

My Gear S3 battery is draining like CRAZY since the One UI update! I took it off the power at 08.00hrs this morning and it went down to 20% by 12.00hrs (noon)!!! That's with the wifi OFF, with the gps OFF, with hardly any usage and with no apps running in the background! I am extremely disappointed with Samsung! Its ridiculous that this is still happening after all those complaints from thousands of users who faced similar issues following previous updates over the last few years! You would have thought they would have fixed it by now. But no. When I had this problem during an earlier update I found that installing an older version (from a third party website) of the Gear S plugin fixed the problem. It seems this new update has gotten rid of that earlier plugin and the new plugin is killing it. I tried re-installing the old plugin but it failed this time, so I suppose they've blocked it.  I completely reset my watch now but I think nothing will change. If I have any improvement I will post it on here. 

Anybody else facing the same problem? Any solutions???

55 REPLIES 55
Jayemmee
Journeyman
Options

I already did following:

Tried a reset - no improvement, tried turning on touch to wake - no improvement, tried turning AOD off and back on again - no improvements.

Has made no significant difference - battery still draining rapidly. 

0 Likes
gjmaryy
First Poster
Options

Enable what activation?

What is "via touch of the watch"?

0 Likes
gjmaryy
First Poster
Options
Enable what activation?
What do you mean "touch of the watch"?
0 Likes
Aceselect
Journeyman
Options

Go to SETTINGS  on the watch then choose ADVANCED then choose TOUCH WAKE-UP and turn it to on. 

0 Likes
Hgurdal
Journeyman
Options

Als my Gear S3 battery is draining like CRAZY since the One UI update! It cannot hold even 12 hours. What happened after resetting to factory defaults? Is tehere any impovement? As you see the e-mail program is the biggest reason !WhatsApp Image 2019-06-12 at 14.29.30.jpeg

0 Likes
Hgurdal
Journeyman
Options
I have the same problem. If I check E-Mail has drained %90 of the battery. I don't get notifications about e-mail at all. What is this? Samsung has to make a correction patch soon please
0 Likes
Aceselect
Journeyman
Options

Once you do as  say above the watch is back to normal.

Hgurdal
Journeyman
Options
Thanks but TOUCH WAKE UP was already ON. 😞
Even Save Mode does not help
Hgurdal
Journeyman
Options
Any other recommendation? Why does Samsung not react? How can they expect that I charge the watch every 6-7 hours? It should be at least 18 h in order to charge it every night.
0 Likes
Jayemmee
Journeyman
Options

@Aceselect  - Your fix has not worked for me.

0 Likes