Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 extreme battery drain after One UI update!

(Topic created on: 26-05-2019 11:45 AM)
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

Hi Folks,

My Gear S3 battery is draining like CRAZY since the One UI update! I took it off the power at 08.00hrs this morning and it went down to 20% by 12.00hrs (noon)!!! That's with the wifi OFF, with the gps OFF, with hardly any usage and with no apps running in the background! I am extremely disappointed with Samsung! Its ridiculous that this is still happening after all those complaints from thousands of users who faced similar issues following previous updates over the last few years! You would have thought they would have fixed it by now. But no. When I had this problem during an earlier update I found that installing an older version (from a third party website) of the Gear S plugin fixed the problem. It seems this new update has gotten rid of that earlier plugin and the new plugin is killing it. I tried re-installing the old plugin but it failed this time, so I suppose they've blocked it.  I completely reset my watch now but I think nothing will change. If I have any improvement I will post it on here. 

Anybody else facing the same problem? Any solutions???

55 REPLIES 55
LaszloF
First Poster
Options

where to find it? Exact steps?

0 Likes
Tigerman55
Apprentice
Options

Settings > Advanced > Touch wake up > make sure it is set to on.

0 Likes
tjoeherb
Student
Options

My work-around was to disable Always On Display, but also activation of Touch wake up led to better battery performance! 

Still expecting from Samsung to deliver a patch for this issue!

0 Likes
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

Folks to disable the Always On Display (AOD) is NOT a solution because it sacrifices one of the main functions of the watch which should be working same as before and frankly speaking we have paid for this when buying our watches. The battery should last AT LEAST 1 day even with the AOD remaining on. Therefore, please dont post it as a solution unless you meant that switching AOD off and then switching it back on solved the problem? If thats what you meant then please make sure to clarify it so that its clear for everyone.

Tigerman55
Apprentice
Options

Can confirm the solution I added works perfectly. I have no idea why but it does.

0 Likes
Dlearious
Explorer
Options

I too had this problem, isolated it to the AOD. If I turned it off the battery would be fine. However, turning it back on and turning on touch to wake fixed the problem as others have indicated in this post. Thanks all. 

0 Likes
Jayemmee
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the upgrade my battery now only lasts 6-8 hours, even while not being worn. 

Tried a reset - no improvement, tried turning on touch to wake - no improvement, tried turning AOD off and back on again - no improvements.

Suggestions please.... 

AHMEDEAM
Journeyman
Options

I am having same issue 

My watch is 2 month old only 

I contacted Samsung help for that and they requested me to take it to their service center

0 Likes
Aceselect
Journeyman
Options

As with everybody else, after the update I would only get about 4 hours before battery died.

FIX is, as already mentioned, go to  settings, advanced and turn on and leave on the TOUCH WAKE UP option. This will solve the battery drain until  Samsung update the software. My watch battery usage is now back to normal with the AOD on.

AHMEDEAM
Journeyman
Options

I did your recommendations

Its workin fine now .

But i am afraid also to update Samsung health app

We will wait the fix update

0 Likes