Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear s3 disconnects when I open camera app

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 09:27 AM)
Maclac
Apprentice
Options

I have a Huawei Mate 10, I recently updated my gear S3 to the latest firmware. 

I was getting disconnected often, tried doing as everyone sugges3by clearing cache on Bluetooth etc. Made no difference. 

30mins ago I opened my camera app and instantly I get a notification saying my watch was disconnected. So I reconnected and tried it again. Same thing. 

I cleared the cache on the camera app, made no difference. 

Any advice? 

19 REPLIES 19
AsadM
Options
Sorry to hear you feel you're being missed out in this, @Maclac. If you're still experiencing the issue, you can also reach out to our Technical support team to discuss this. They can be contacted on the phone number I sent to @4my earlier. We apologise for the delay, and not getting to you sooner.
0 Likes
dstanciu
Student
Options

If anyone finds a solution to this issue, can I ask that they please post it here for the rest of us? Thanks!

0 Likes
daz2020
First Poster
Options

Same problem Huawei Nova 3i, opening camera app dissconnects S3.  Does NOT reconnect by itself. Most frustrating.  Think I'll get rid of the watch.  Obviously a very narrow support angle from Samsung.  Very dissapointing.

0 Likes
Bengocazui
First Poster
Options

I fixed it by doing reboot. Hold power until it says rebooting

0 Likes
wildeslama
First Poster
Options

You need the give your plugin the permission for the camera.

settings>apps>watch active plugin>allowances>allow to use camera

0 Likes
Alexandrius
Student
Options

it's not true, i have every permission allowed on my phone (permissions for following apss: watch plugin, galaxy wereable, samsung accesory services) and still my watch get disconnected when i open the camera app.  

0 Likes
derklee
First Poster
Options

same thing here with Honor 8X EMUI 10 and Nokia 4.2 Android 10.

The watch disconnects when starting an App (not only camera) and do not reconnect automatically.

0 Likes
Maclac
Apprentice
Options

I may have found a solution. 

Go to apps, 

Open  gear watch plugin and select YES for draw over other app and also write over system settings.

Do the same for the wearable app.

I only tried it a few mins ago. Opened my camera app several times and no disconnections. 

dstanciu
Student
Options

I've just tried this and it seems to work. Thanks, mate! I've stopped paying attention to the watch disconnecting, though, so can't be totally sure if this has fixed it or it was something else. Nevertheless, this is good. Thanks, again!

0 Likes
Maclac
Apprentice
Options

I know what you mean. I sort of got used to it. Especially since I turned of the disconnected sound. I now have the galaxy watch. Same issue there and although what I ddi fixed the problem it has since come back while I've been trying endlessly to find a way to update the latest software. 

So I'm back to square one. 

0 Likes