Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Classic watch stuck in reboot loop

(Topic created on: 09-02-2018 10:49 AM)
KW2912
Student
Options

Hi there,

Purchased a Gear S3 Classic watch in October and, for some reason, woke up this morning and it was stuck at the "Samsung Gear S3 Classic" login screen and not starting up.

I've read numerous posts from people having the same issue and I've also tried the various fixes (pressing the power button until "rebooting" shows, pressing power button multiple times, selecting "recovery" option etc) but NOTHING is working. All I have now is a very expensive watch stuck on a login screen.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue yet or have any suggestions about how to get this problem resolved?

Sold all my Apple gear (iPhone, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, iPad Pro) back in October to move everything across to Samsung (S8 Phone, Galaxy Book 2 in 1, Gear S3 Classic watch). I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake. Come on Samsung prove to me I've made the right choice.

81 REPLIES 81
AA1378
First Poster
Options

Just try Garmin fenix5 and rest will be happiness 

Samsung is very bad company when it comes to own issues. Gear S3 has loop reboot issue as many reported and I am.one of them, but ofcourse Samsung will never want to help or tell you.

I just bought Garmin Fenix 5 and supper happy, just guys try you Garmin fenix 5 and you will never eant to hear any Samsung watch... period 

0 Likes
Murugaraj
Apprentice
Options
You haved save my day... This answer should be the most liked one. I dont understand why nobody from Samsung support knows this answer and given this solution on the any of the threads.

I bought my Gear S3 just yesterday and all was good until I went for a software update(Tizen 4.0.0). After update completed, my phone was not able to pair with the Gear anymore and Bluetooth connectivity on the Gear was not able to turned on. Then I have searched online for the solution and came across the solution to do hard reset. But even that didn't work and went on a reboot loop.

Finally come across your solution, and I got surprised and happy to have my Gear turned on.... Thanks a ton !!!
0 Likes
sikpok
Student
Options

I must have missed the post you found to fix the watch Minds been busted for almost a year now

nadar11
First Poster
Options

I have gear s3 and have same problem as yours, have you solved?

0 Likes
Murugaraj
Apprentice
Options

Yes... Just dock the Gear on the charger and then try to switch on it. It should work

0 Likes
Murugaraj
Apprentice
Options
Yes... Just dock the Gear on the charger and then try to switch on it. It should work
0 Likes
maex76
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

my S3 is also stuck in reboot loop, could you send me please the files an instructions, if possible?

thank you very much

0 Likes
Ormani
Apprentice
Options

I posted a solution before but it was taken down. I replace the battery that I found I can't even mention where because they'll kill this post. Not only did it fix the reboot issue but i can even turn down the brightness settings. Everything works so much better. I think the reason it loops and I've had this problem before on cell phones is the battery is too weak to boot. That's when it's on the charger it's able to. 

That is the fix. There are good videos online you can find that I can't put links to or anything cause I'm afraid post will get taken down. 

I will say this forum is horrible in my opinion but I reposted cause I was tired of getting emails of people still struggling with issue and going around in circles. It's super easy to do you will just need a special Y as opposed to normal X philups screw driver to take the cover off. Take your time get the right little screw driver, watch the videos out there ( you know where) and get a replacement battery ( you know where ).

Good Luck. It will be like a brand new watch, even snappier and brighter.

One thing I would like to add is that this was the case wuth my watch and different things can cause reboot. For instance sometimes it could be pure software that something fails to load correctly. But if you do a reset and you have had the watch for a while with some heavy use, don't rule out battery. It's a powerful watch full of lots of functionality constrained to a tiny battery that must fit inside this little watch. It's actually pretty impressive, only 380 mha that's why it charges so fast. It's a V8 with a 5 gallon tank.

0 Likes
Ormani
Apprentice
Options

Once back cover is off . 2 little philips screws, becareful with ribbon cable on board be patient. Use toothpich if you want to release snap. Then battery ribbon. Just go slow. Very easy to do.Once back cover is off . 2 little philips screws, becareful with ribbon cable on board be patient. Use toothpich if you want to release snap. Then battery ribbon. Just go slow. Very easy to do.

0 Likes
Ormani
Apprentice
Options
The S3 is a great watch. It has a cellphone capability and full of features so battery is taxed and under powered for long use and will start reboot loop cause juice is not enough. Thats why on charger sometimes gets it past hurrdle till next time it goes down. Every time getting harder abd harder as battery weakens.
. Just think of it as having to change a $20 battery ( w/ ship incld) every 6 months or so depending on use. It's quite easy just not obvious and requires a little Y screw driver to take the back cover off.
0 Likes