Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Classic watch stuck in reboot loop

(Topic created on: 07-11-2018 08:28 PM)
KW2912
Student
Options

Hi there,

Purchased a Gear S3 Classic watch in October and, for some reason, woke up this morning and it was stuck at the "Samsung Gear S3 Classic" login screen and not starting up.

I've read numerous posts from people having the same issue and I've also tried the various fixes (pressing the power button until "rebooting" shows, pressing power button multiple times, selecting "recovery" option etc) but NOTHING is working. All I have now is a very expensive watch stuck on a login screen.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue yet or have any suggestions about how to get this problem resolved?

Sold all my Apple gear (iPhone, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, iPad Pro) back in October to move everything across to Samsung (S8 Phone, Galaxy Book 2 in 1, Gear S3 Classic watch). I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake. Come on Samsung prove to me I've made the right choice.

81 REPLIES 81
AA1378
First Poster
Options

Can you provide links and files, will love to give a try to see if works for me

0 Likes
Bleep1
First Poster
Options

Please send me youtube link or instructions of how to do this. Thanks

0 Likes
troussos
First Poster
Options

@Astanapane wrote:

ok i found a way to fix it. It is only a software issue and the only thing we need to do is to download the ios via wifi from a computer to the watch. 

I just did it and i have my watch back in 10 minutes. 

Anyone would like to send him the links or even the files and youtube instructions please let me know. 

Greetings.

I tried setting up the transfer using 'Download (wireless)' option within the 'Bootup options' page, but by setting up the Direct WiFi directly as required by the watch to the computer, the computer's WiFi connection to the internet is severed. This tells me I better have the ios on my computer before I start, but Samsung will not make the ios available. Where did you get the ios file AND what was the complete procedure you uploaded the ios to the watch?! I'm so close to fixing this, I can 'taste' it!!

Thank you.

Tony

0 Likes
troussos
First Poster
Options

P.S.

My watch is SM-R775V

I saw the links for the 760 and 770, but mine is 775.

Thank you.

Tony

0 Likes
Rogerz
First Poster
Options

i would like you to send me how you did it or explain please my email is ***************** 

0 Likes
Crandog
First Poster
Options

Hi, I’d give this a try if you send me the details.

thanks

crandog

0 Likes
Crandog
First Poster
Options

Yes Please!   send me the info and I'll give it a try.

Many thanks

Crandog

y

0 Likes
Astanapane
Apprentice
Options

Apparenlty,

Samsung forum here doent like to give to us the simple solution and they have ban - erased some of our messages. 

I will share this link with you and anyone could download it. The files are for S3 smartwatches  760 and 770.

Instructions are given on my previous messages and links from you tube as well with detailed info of how could you upload the OS for your S3 watch. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Astanapane. The link you've just posted was broken, so I've deleted it. Furthermore, we only recommend users install updates through official means, hence the removal of an earlier post by yourself. 

Saifi
First Poster
Options

Hey man   i need the video and software file plz  will be much appreciated

0 Likes