Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Classic watch stuck in reboot loop

(Topic created on: 19-09-2018 10:14 AM)
KW2912
Student
Options

Hi there,

Purchased a Gear S3 Classic watch in October and, for some reason, woke up this morning and it was stuck at the "Samsung Gear S3 Classic" login screen and not starting up.

I've read numerous posts from people having the same issue and I've also tried the various fixes (pressing the power button until "rebooting" shows, pressing power button multiple times, selecting "recovery" option etc) but NOTHING is working. All I have now is a very expensive watch stuck on a login screen.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue yet or have any suggestions about how to get this problem resolved?

Sold all my Apple gear (iPhone, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, iPad Pro) back in October to move everything across to Samsung (S8 Phone, Galaxy Book 2 in 1, Gear S3 Classic watch). I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake. Come on Samsung prove to me I've made the right choice.

81 REPLIES 81
Johnny51
First Poster
Options

Very disappointed with Samsung 

The only answer that I got from them it’s the motherboard has water damage but they claim that the watch is water resistant and like I said before I guess you cannot wash your hands without damaging the watch so why they clean the watch is water resistant

0 Likes
Hollie1
First Poster
Options

I am sick and tried of Samsung.

Every thing they make breaks  done. I had the Gear s3 1 day and the screen is frozen.  I tried to reboot it and it doesn't work.

Julien10
First Poster
Options

One more here - and I'd need to buy a plane ticket to get to the closest Samsung care center from here...

0 Likes
AA1378
First Poster
Options
As I posted above, SAMSUNG sale Gear S3 as water resistant but it's all false advertisement.
My watch was well under warranty and they declined to repair because of liquid damage.

Samsung will never stand what they about product, I spend 2 months back and fourth bug at end still refused to repair.
I missed Apple a lot and I admit that I made s mistake switching from Apple to Samsung, but now I am going back to Apple and love their warranty and they will stand what they say say.
I hope people will read these comments prior to buy Samsung products
0 Likes
Diversteve
Apprentice
Options

Update. I got a chinese mate to get a friend to take it to Samsung in China. All this dicking around meant it was 2 months out of warranty. (Because as we all know expensive ***** is only supposed to last a year!) They wanted to charge me $250 to repair and $75 to send back to me.

I could buy a new one for $325 NZD so I told them to shove it.

The service if you can call it that is *****e.

Extremely dissatisfied and am looking at an apple phone and watch now. 

Shame as I like Android but Samsung treat customers like we just give them cash till what you buy *****s itself in 13 months. Con artists of the modern age.

MLM1977
First Poster
Options

Extremely disappointed! I have the exact same problem and Samsung did the EXACT same thing.  Told me watch was repairable due to water damage. My watch has never been emerged in water!!

As you said sent back to me.  The rep was so rude he said to me "We're not going to fix it, do you have any more questions. "  I was furious. 

400.00 plus the crystal bands I purchased totalling over 700.00 and in a year and my watch is dead.  It just no longer works because now it won't pass the boot. It all started with their famously flawed battery!

I will not except that answer because I think its Samsung not taking ownership of a flawed device... AGAIN! 

I'm so upset being I have bought over 20 Samsung devices including appliances, TVs etc.

I'm not okaying with 400.00 be tossed out the window and will complain to the governoring authorities and make it known on social media so that more people can come forward with this lack of ownership over their devices.

0 Likes
FaultyGearS3
First Poster
Options

I'm really disturbed at what I've read about all of the issues that the Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier and Classics have had. Everything from battery draining issues to being stuck in bootloop to burning the wrists of consumers wearing the products. I've got an S3 Classic and it also is stuck in bootloop. I'm seriously contemplating filing a class action lawsuit. 

0 Likes
sikpok
Student
Options
ive had mine for bout 6 months and 2 months ago mine started doing the same ive tryed everything i can find on the internet
0 Likes
Astanapane
Apprentice
Options

The same thing happen to me before 2 days. I have tried many sites for a solution but havent been able to find any. In my case i havent put the watch to the water. 

How is it happen?

1. I had my watch working, while i was doing a hard reset on my phone Samsung S6. 

2. After hard resetting my phone, i tried to connect again through gear sotware from the phone to the watch.

3. I enable the BT and software from the phone, tried to establish communication with the watch. 

4. At that point watch gear S3 frontier was doing the rebooting, dont know why, maybe a software update during the connection with the software from the phone, forced the watch to reboot. 

5. The watch never came back to normal. Stuck at the logo screen. 

So people from samsung do not tell us about water b****t. 

Give us a proper solution, or just say the truth that you have already expirienced the same issues and the problem either can be fixed via an update or give to us a new watch. Mine is under warranty and it is only 6 months old. 

0 Likes
Astanapane
Apprentice
Options

ok i found a way to fix it. It is only a software issue and the only thing we need to do is to download the ios via wifi from a computer to the watch. 

I just did it and i have my watch back in 10 minutes. 

Anyone would like to send him the links or even the files and youtube instructions please let me know.