Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Classic watch stuck in reboot loop

(Topic created on: 13-01-2020 01:54 PM)
KW2912
Student
Options

Hi there,

Purchased a Gear S3 Classic watch in October and, for some reason, woke up this morning and it was stuck at the "Samsung Gear S3 Classic" login screen and not starting up.

I've read numerous posts from people having the same issue and I've also tried the various fixes (pressing the power button until "rebooting" shows, pressing power button multiple times, selecting "recovery" option etc) but NOTHING is working. All I have now is a very expensive watch stuck on a login screen.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue yet or have any suggestions about how to get this problem resolved?

Sold all my Apple gear (iPhone, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, iPad Pro) back in October to move everything across to Samsung (S8 Phone, Galaxy Book 2 in 1, Gear S3 Classic watch). I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake. Come on Samsung prove to me I've made the right choice.

81 REPLIES 81
gears3watch
First Poster
Options

Nope. I tried this method several times to fix my gear s3 that is stuck on Samsung Logo for several weeks. I was able to finally turn watch off on charging dock, but master reset is not working. I am so disappointed after all the money I spent! Everyone is having the same issue with the gear. It is obvious a Samsung product flaw. 

0 Likes
gears3watch
First Poster
Options

My watch has the same issue and I have not gotten it wet!

0 Likes
john106
Student
Options

my watch has done the same, and Samsung is asking me to pay for it to be fixed.  Its a known software issue, they should pay for it.  

0 Likes
A_AA
First Poster
Options

Hello, please can you share the video or youtube link with me, my email is rowlobabe@yahoo.com 

thanks

0 Likes
GuillermoFranco
Journeyman
Options

I fixed it¡¡¡¡

If the hard recovery doesn't work, just put it under the Sun, in a window.
Sometines the watch have a little moisture inside, so the light of sun will finish that problem.
I fixed my watch after 10 days in a window.

0 Likes
GuillermoFranco
Journeyman
Options
If the hard recovery doesn't work, just put it under the Sun, in a window.
Sometines the watch have a little moisture inside, so the light of sun will finish that problem.
I fixed my watch after 10 days in a window.
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options

You sir are a genius!!!! Thank you!

My watch was dead for 6 months with this problem. From time to time, I tested it and it would come back for a few hours or a couple of days but then died again. I even changed the battery a few months ago and didn´t do the trick, after this I had given up for good.

But then I read this tip. I left it on my window for a week or so and it finally worked! The watch is working perfectly for over 2 weeks now like nothing happened before. 

0 Likes
GuillermoFranco
Journeyman
Options

I´m glad that work for you

You should be careful now, do not wet the watch 

Because it will be rebooting again.

Spread the word, pal.

GuillermoFranco
Journeyman
Options

Dude, could you give me some advices about how to change the batery?

Im watching videos about it.

Actually my watch only have 12 hours of battery per day, i need to change it.

I have plans to buy that battery on amazon, includes tools.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B07Y695P7K/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_NQnfEbWGAT4N8

Regards.

0 Likes
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options

Sure, I can give you the hints, but I basically followed the steps from ifixit. It´s not all the same, but worked for me. You just have to be real carefull when removing the motherboard because the connections to the side buttons are all on the same board and don´t disconnect.

I bought my battery on ebay. Another thing you have to be carefull is with the tools. These screws are really hard to remove and the tool that came with my battery wasn´t the exact fit, so one of the screws got striped and it was really hard to finally remove it.

0 Likes