Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Classic watch stuck in reboot loop

(Topic created on: 11-06-2019 06:10 PM)
KW2912
Student
Options

Hi there,

Purchased a Gear S3 Classic watch in October and, for some reason, woke up this morning and it was stuck at the "Samsung Gear S3 Classic" login screen and not starting up.

I've read numerous posts from people having the same issue and I've also tried the various fixes (pressing the power button until "rebooting" shows, pressing power button multiple times, selecting "recovery" option etc) but NOTHING is working. All I have now is a very expensive watch stuck on a login screen.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue yet or have any suggestions about how to get this problem resolved?

Sold all my Apple gear (iPhone, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, iPad Pro) back in October to move everything across to Samsung (S8 Phone, Galaxy Book 2 in 1, Gear S3 Classic watch). I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake. Come on Samsung prove to me I've made the right choice.

81 REPLIES 81
Ormani
Apprentice
Options

Yes replaced the battery and it's like a new watch. Faster, brighter, and no hanging reboots

0 Likes
SoftSoluServ
Apprentice
Options

This worked beautifully for me. My watch is back

I used the Recovery option instead as powering off and switching the device back on did not work. The Recovery option allowed me to restore the device back to its last backup. Thanks.

0 Likes
JC32
First Poster
Options

I know this is really a late post but just had the issue of "reboot loop"!  I saw there was a solution but is not available. I checked several boards and videos. After all the checking andd doing the steps to reboot, hence the screen looping to nowhere I finally got it back.

I plugged my Gear S3 Classic into my laptop instead and left the watch on the dock and powered on the watch. IT FINALLY STARTED AND COMPLETED THE REBOOT!!!!! My watch is back to functional!!!! 

Hope this helps and works for others. 

0 Likes
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options

I have the same problems that everybody here had, but mine is a Galaxy Watch SM-R800. I thought that the Samsung assistance was poor only in my country, but it seems to be all over the world. I also bought my watch on another country (Panama) and live in Brazil. They just told me to go to Panama to have my watch repaired, big HA HA for me. Anyway, thank you guys for the answers and the help here. I will try to change the battery and see if it will do the trick. Thanks one more time for everybody that leaes their feedback here, because we can´t wait for any help from samsung.

0 Likes
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options

Just a quick feedback about my galaxy watch 46mm. I have changed the battery and the watch stayed the same. So the battery didn't do the trick and I still couldn't find any other solution, I think that the only thing left is the motherboard, but it´s not worth it to change...

0 Likes
troussos
First Poster
Options

The solution is to download the operating system and associated program, then reload the operating system. It works. It's been so long ago since I did it, I forget the details, but they are available on this site if you search. Take note, you must download the appropriate Odin for wearable gear, which is different than the Odin for cell phones. Best wishes.

0 Likes
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options

I did that once already, actually it was one of the first things I did, but it didn't work as well. I'll try it again, but I'm not confident about this. Thanks for your help anyway! And I'll give a feedback if it works.

0 Likes
troussos
First Poster
Options

make certain you are following the correct procedure and that the operating system actually does load. If I remember correctly it look like it loaded when I first did it but it didn't actually load. I had to do a lot of digging before I found the correct procedure, operating system, and Odin program.

0 Likes
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options
I'll make sure to do that, thanks. But the first time I did I know it worked because when it came back (for a day at least) it had the version I had downloaded to it, but later that day it died again.
0 Likes
troussos
First Poster
Options

Okay. I believe the correct OS loading program is odin3. I guess, try it one more time and if it dies, then it's dead. Best wishes.

0 Likes