Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Gear S3 battery drain

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 10:40 PM)
ANTFKBA
First Poster
Options
Wearables

yesterday my Gear S3 Frontier's battery started to drain crazy fast. from 100% to being completely dead in just a few hours while my usual batterylife is around 2-3days. It has done this once before back in 2018 i think but that was due to a bad update and has since been fixed if i remember correctly, and to my knowlage there has been no updates to the watch or the phone app recently so dunno whats up. Anyways so far i have tried factory reset and turning off location wifi diagnostic info and all that good stuff to no effect.

1 REPLY 1
Thorsstein
Explorer
Options
Wearables
samsung, what is going on? Same on my side...
From one day to the next, battery life went down from ~3 days to 12-13 hours.
Meanwhile, I got my battery replaced, but even with new battery, it just lasts 16-18 hour, when just sitting around and having everything optimized. Lots of functionality is already turned of.
That‘s a pity, that you build such great smartwatch hardware and then kill it via software, so I have to make it a non-smart watch to, survive the day. (All this came with Tizen 4.0.0.7)

Please speed up with the fixing update. Meanhwile after 6 weeks I am going to hate my watch an everybody is laughing...