Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 and S7 smartphone not accurately measuring running distance

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 02:52 PM)
Colin15
Apprentice
Options

I have a Gear S3 and a Samsung S7 phone.  I use Samsung Health App. Recently, set to running, my phone and watch overestimate runs by about15%.  On my three mile run it measures 3.7 miles.  If I walk exactly the same route it correctly measures 3.1 miles.  Location is turned on, GPS is turned on, all updates carried out and latest Samsung Health App in place.  I have rebooted phone and watch and disabled and enabled again the Samsung app.

I have downloaded the Strava app and that measures the running distance accurately on my phone and watch and I have double checked the distance with my wife's Huawei band.  Everything else on my phone and watch is working perfectly.  I cannot understand why walking the distance gives an accurate reading while running it is very different.

I tried the Samsung chat but got nowhere; after about 40 minutes I gave up.  Any help please??

1 REPLY 1
Grumpypete
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with my watch active. It shows approx 50% increase in distance run and an unbelievabl fast pace. If only! I have checked everything and even reported it to Samsung and on the Health app comments. I live miles from a samsung centre, online chat is useless. Works fine with strave, endomondo etc. I think its an app fault to do with not correcting wrist movement hut who am I? Samsung support is cr.p.

0 Likes