Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear IconX disconnect on calls

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 01:56 PM)
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

Hi All,

I got IconX wireless headphones as a Xmas present and although they are beautiful when they work, they rarely work as they should. I would never adive someone to spend 200 euros on this device.

I already got a replacement but it did not help, after sometimes problems come back again.

Last one, which is really annoying, is that when I use them with a phone call they continuosly connect and disconnect, so it is impossible to use them or even the phone, until I turn off the bluetooth on the phone.

Yesterday I was listening to audio book with no problem, pairing was fine, I get a phone call, I hear the ring in the headphones and the connect/disconnect begins. I happens also if I connect before calling, or during a call and no multimedia is running. Tried everything, reset, switch off, I have a Samsung S9+ but it was happening also with a S7edge.

All the other bluetooh devices (including other less expensive headphones) pair perfectly with the phone.

Can Samsung help me?

thanks Marina

25 REPLIES 25
pured
Navigator
Options

Same here. I only use one of them cause the left died and the (solution)  found for the one was to attach to the sensor a small piece of fabric without covering the charging spots only the sensor and with that trick it stay connected without issues...but i am about to purchase other brand don't dare to try the new galaxy buds and have the same problems...

0 Likes
Johanarias
First Poster
Options

Have same problem  whatbcan we do ? 

0 Likes
Rishtavia
Student
Options

A new iconx would be great. Since I got these they have never stayed connected during a call conversation.  They connect and disconnect while I am playing music. 

0 Likes
ogsarigat
First Poster
Options

Absolutely same issue with me.

Using their own Samsung A71.

Bull*****.

Calls suck, music ok. 

0 Likes
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

I finally solved the problem. After reading the suggestion of the fabric, I decided to try with duct tape (the grey 3M one), just covering the sensor. This kind of tape resists to sweat and dirt. Well, since then, the IconX work perfectly for multimedia and calls, included the touch pad I could never use before. Although it is absurd that we have to use such trick on 200 euro device, I can at least now use them.

0 Likes
VC27587
First Poster
Options

Hello Marina and everyone else who is interested in resolving the issue. After reading the user manual for the IconX buds, I found the actual solution. If you double tap on the bud itself but don't let go after the second tap, it makes the bud to turn on/off the microphone. I tried this multiple times and each time I turn the mic on, my calls connect flawlessly.