Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear IconX 2018 - PLEASE HELP FIX THIS USELESS PRODUCT

(Topic created on: 27-04-2020 10:42 PM)
Graham11
Apprentice
Options

Hey can anyone help before I lose the will to live!! I have gear iconx 2018 (worst thing I ever bought) I have had to send in for repair in the past now my warranty is out and I am having the issue where one earbud won't connect or do anything at all, judging by these forums a lot of people are having the same problem... Any ideas how to correct it? I have tried resetting the earbuds with a sim card pin and via the app and nothing has done anything, i have connected to two different phones and same problem, I have used these headphones maybe 20 times in 18 months and they have broke twice!! Something tells me they aren't a very good product 😂😂

Picture attached which hopefully someone might recognise Screenshot_20200427-224135_Gear IconX (2018).jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Graham11 ,

it seems that you have tried all the relevant troubleshooting steps available. As the issue is still there after a reset I would recommend having this examined by one of our engineers. 

You should be able to arrange a collection from here. 

Upon form submission, a service order will be generated, which will trigger DPD to collect the next business day. Once that our colleagues have received the phone and inspected it you will receive a call and a link to pay for the repair. 

0 Likes
Graham11
Apprentice
Options

As much as I would love to do this, after paying £180 on a pair of headphones which worked up until Samsung sent out a software update, I'm sadly looking for free solutions to fix them rather than Samsung asking for yet more of my money

TessM
Mastermind
Options

I really do understand your frustration, however, as this is still happening after a reset our colleagues will need to examine this to find the root of the issue, they will then be able to evaluate if this will be covered under the manufacturers' warranty or not. 

0 Likes
Graham11
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help but seen as they are not in warranty I was hoping for a DIY home fix , seemingly there isn't one and rather than paying yet more money to Samsung (for a problem they caused) I may aswell throw in the bin