Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear fit2 pro needs to warm up

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 10:45 AM)
User22112211
Student
Options

i was trying to charge my gear fit2 pro but i won't charge. It shows a blinking alert sign with a thermometer inside, and when i turn it on it says :"Can't charge gear. Battery needs to warm up"

I tried cleaning the charging dock and the back of the watch but it didn't work. What can i do

234CDDFE-B805-43A6-8B88-3D40042802A1.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
Kathy1992
First Poster
Options

Same here. Did you got any solution?

0 Likes
User22112211
Student
Options

i sent it to samsung and still waiting..

0 Likes
Gizmoza
First Poster
Options

Any update on this issue? Mine is 2 weeks old and doing the same. 

0 Likes
Patlem
First Poster
Options

Same problem here since yesterday. 

Is Samsung going to answer one day ??? 😞

dotch3
First Poster
Options

same page.. and not much info on internet either..
..sighs..

0 Likes
SammySungUser
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue, Samsung are unable to tell me what this issue is without sending this away for review at my expense. SAMSUNG - I am simply after what this message means. Its clearly a message for the end consumer; please provide some assistance. Happy to pay for parts - only if we know what this refers to.

0 Likes
Fabiofelix
Apprentice
Options

Still waiting for a solution for this " cant charge gear. Battery needs to warm up" problem. Due to my device being out of warranty and being based outside of the US, I do not have the comfort to simply go to a samsung store to get it fixed! For 6 months I have been researching a solution- and I am still looking. Seems like Samsung does not have a solution either. I replaced the battery and probelm persists. Next option is the garbage bin! 

ThomasPham
First Poster
Options

My gear fit2 pro encountered the same issue. It seems like the device cannot afford swimming experience.

The gear worked properly for a year, then I had a swimming session last week, and the issue poped up after that.

It's such a disgrace that Samsung never reply to this thread. At least tell us the root cause, or update the device description that it is not safe to be used underwater.

PS: Someone said that battery replacement will not solve the problem? Ooops..

0 Likes
Fabiofelix
Apprentice
Options

Correct! The battery replacement DID NOT solve this issue- atleast in my case. I guess we all have learned one thing- despite putting it in swim mode, do not swim with the Gearfit Pro 2. Where on earth is Samsung to atleast hear and repsond to our watches' demise? Gosh. 

0 Likes