Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear fit2 burn mark

(Topic created on: 06-02-2018 02:31 AM)
PaulJordan
Journeyman
Options

I have a gear fit 2 that has left burn marks on my wrist and now want £95 to repair screen that was lightly chipped at side before watch can be tested to see if there is a problem that is causing the burn marks 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Who supplied the device to you ?

A retailer or Samsung Directly  ?

Check any relevant T&C's. 

Check the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Check any relevant separate insurance policy. 

Also some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. 

T&C's and Excess Fee's would need to be checked. 

If the device has been damaged accidentaly then the Retailer or manufacturer (Who ever supplied it) would want to investigate wether the accidental damage has contributed to the issues your now having with it. 

It's similar to say wanting to have an issue dealt with on a phone but because the screen is cracked that has to be dealt with first which brings a repair cost as accidental damage isnt covered under the manufacturing warranty. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hey @PaulJordan

We'd like to look into this further for you, can you send a private message with the following details? We'll just need your customer reference number if possible, along with your contact number and email address. You can also PM @AntS or message us directly on our Facebook page with these details. 

Thanks! :womanhappy:

0 Likes
PaulJordan
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I will look into this

0 Likes
PaulJordan
Journeyman
Options

I now have watch back unrepaired and very reluctant to use it anymore due to the burns left.

I can not express how disappointed in this item and service.

0 Likes
Gearfit1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I had a similar issue and my watch has burnt me 3 times now. It's also left a scar on my left hand. the last time it heated up it cracked the screen and when I sent it to Samsung they told me they could do nothing about it. There are so many people who have experienced this issue and Samsung is doing nothing about it. I have posts from 2017 where people have had this issue. 

Id like to know how Samsung can say nothing is wrong with the product when clearly so many people are experiencing this. 

Will Samsung pay notice when someone burns there wrist and this causes considerable damage?

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hey @Gearfit1, we've sent you a private message be sure to take a look as soon as you can so that we can look into this for you. 

0 Likes
Gearfit1
Journeyman
Options

I Had exactly the same issue and Samsung did nothing. They are quite happy to let customers burn their wrist 

PaulJordan
Journeyman
Options

They will do nothing for you as my screen came back more cracked and wouldn't look at it until I paid for screen repair I will not get another item from them very poor customer service specially for a problem that is not a one off 

0 Likes
Gearfit1
Journeyman
Options

This is shocking, how can Samsung say this is not an issue, Samsung seem to be ok with their products burning and harming people. 

How many others are going thru this