Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit Keeps turning off

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 06:54 PM)
Laurie-H
First Poster
Options

The last two days my Gear Fit keeps turning off. It will turn off during a workout, when I try to sync it with my Galaxy S9+, and when I attach it to the charger (charger that came with the device that is plugged into my Samsung wall plug).  The problem isn't that the battery is low.  I have to put it back on the charger and leave it for an hour then it seems fine until the next time that it decides to shut off.  Everytime it re-sets itself it looses all of the step/water/exercise data. 

I have only had it since September 15, 2019 and this is not the first time I have had problems with it.  I'm starting to feel like it was a waste of money wishing that I would have gone with a Fit Bit instead.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Laurie-H ,

this shouldn't be happening. How long have you been experiencing this and is the device displaying any damage at all? If not, I would suggest having this examined by one of our engineers: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Rosa G
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me also, when I am working out, mowing the lawn, any type of activity that may cause moisture on your skin.  The watch is supposed to be waterproof, but this is an indication that it is allowing moisture to gain access to the inside of your gear.  I have a small desktop fan that I hang my watch on for about 30 minutes, then it works fine again, but this should not happen.

0 Likes
Guilio
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem it's now happened more times I can count and the charge is mostly high. Can it still count steps off as if this is the case then it would last more then 29 hours before charge 😆 🤣
0 Likes