Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear fit 2 strap broken

(Topic created on: 18-12-2020 06:32 PM)
Paints
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, the strap on my gear fit 2 has broken and I bought a copy as replacement as I couldn't find a genuine Samsung strap. The copy strap keeps popping off the watch face so I don't trust it to keep my watch on my wrist.

I contacted Samsung today and they said that the strap isn't covered under the warranty but I can buy a new strap. However, when I was transferred to sales they said they don't have official replacement straps but they have some resellers that offer straps. She gave me 3 companies - formysamsung, e spares and partmaster. I've checked all of these online and none of them sell straps either.

So I now have a fitness band that I can't wear! Has anybody else had this issue? I can't believe Samsung don't sell replacement straps, just shows that they're only interested in selling new things and not interested in providing after care...

33 REPLIES 33
MsAdri
First Poster
Options

My third Gear Fit 2 Pro watch looks like yours, so I just ordered a new, non brand name replacement band. My Gear Fit 2, which I bought as soon as it came out, the bands broke where the metal piece was still attached to the watch. My mistake, I should've looked at how they're supposed to be attached , but I was in a hurry to get to work and didn't want to leave my watch. I glued the band back on, but effectively super glued the metal piece into place , which I now know is how the band is supposed to detach from the watch. Whoops! I bought the rugged silicone band, but with the connector pieces still attached, it band looks warped.

My second Fit 2 watch (but first Fit 2 Pro watch), my mother in law got for my birthday. She felt sorry for my beat up, glued together watch. I immediately ordered a replacement band with a traditional clasp, since it easily fell off when my wrist brushed my thigh. This version didn't have the traditional clasp, and it was made where you push the little piece into a hole. Bad design. I went to the store and when I got home, the watch wasn't on my wrist. I was never able to find it, so someone scored on a brand new fitness watch. I received the band I ordered the next day and bitterly returned it right away.

I decided to get a cheap knock off fitness watch and wait for the next Fit watch to come out . Instead of an improved Fit watch, they released the cheapo Galaxy Fit that isn't worth the $80-$100 they sell it for. Samsung sold me on the original Fit line, and it's exactly what I want - a fitness watch with a few smart features. Now all they offer is a full blown smart watch or a dumbed down fitness watch. I feel as though they alienated those who were drawn to the original Fit line to begin with. I bought a used Fit 2 Pro, have had it for a month, and the Samsung band once again broke with the metal piece still attached to the watch. I'm done. 

From the never ending, pain in the ***** curved phone screens, the fragile glass backs, and getting further away from what their customers desire, this will be my last Samsung watch and likely my last Galaxy Note phone . I still have a Note 8 because I'm still trying to decide who will get my business next. It'll likely be a mfg who understands that some customers still use the 3.5 mm jack (like when I accidently leave my Bluetooth ear buds at home, or want to use my high quality, studio headphones, or to use my still functioning Square credit card reader. I don't want to buy a new card reader, where I have to stop charging my phone to use it, because Samsung has decided for me what I no longer want or need the 3.5 mm jack). LG has a phone with a stylus, but I'm waiting for the next generation of it. I've had only Samsung phones for over a decade. Sadly, they've all but pushed me out the door. 

tdp
First Poster
Options

I had the same happen & I said to them that it's a very expensive piece of kit, ( which I luved) to not be able to replace strap!

0 Likes
Billy15
First Poster
Options

My straps have done the same thing I had contacted the warranty dept and wanted nothingn to do with the straps so I had  ordered the new straps of Amazon and they also broke but this time it cracked the face of the watch and warranty wanted nothing to do with it again I question what does warrnaty cover and could not even get a straight answer 

0 Likes
PratikGNaik
First Poster
Options

For me as well, my strap for samsung gear fit 2 pro is broken and orignal strap is not available any where.

Request you to please help.

I would suggest all users who want to purchase the samsung producs, make sure there is after sales services are available or not for their products.

It may be possible that tomorrow you purchase any samsung product and suddnely it stopped working, just imagine  you brought that product at higher prices  and after some issue you realise that there is no after sales service is available from samsung and you wasted your money spend on that product.

0 Likes
PratikGNaik
First Poster
Options

same is with me as well with same strap 

0 Likes
mohammed_shoaib
First Poster
Options

Hello ...  my gear 2 strap is broken too, Muscat Oman service centre are raising their hands as saying this is physical damage, though this is poor quality a bad design this is not glued properly, and rather accepting their product quality issue they target customer handling fault and instead of replacing it foc they are now asking to PAY 14 OMR/36.38 USD  i am really disappointed with this service from such reputed brand, should i mark a complaint in  local Consumer Protection Department.

0 Likes
Circet
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and my watch fall off and broked itself. I just bought another one and I can't plug it to Wearable, it's a scandal !

0 Likes
travisbklein
Apprentice
Options

Hello all hopefully this helps some. My Gear watch also broke where the band and the watch connect. I was sitting at my computer and the band just popped off from the watch.

I was told to mail it in for a warranty fix and then I received an email saying it is out of warranty (bought it 5 months ago) and I had to pay $81 for the repair. I called back in and told them why is it out of warranty and they said because of damage to the watch.

I told them the damage happened because of the poor design and materials used to not withstand the tension on the band watch connection. They told me too bad.

I was about to go file a small claims lawsuit in my county and I remembered reading the warranty here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Gear-HSGuide/#Section%201%20:%20Arbitration%20Agreement

and it says I should first do Arbitration on this website https://www.adr.org/aaa-panel and if that fails then go to the small claims lawsuit that I will sue for ~ 250 + court costs.

Thanks for all the images from everyone, this is great evidence and samsung stands a less than 1% chance of winning.  thanks all.  

here are the images from my watch which is perfect condition except the band.

20201204_210748.jpg20201204_210733.jpg20201204_205710.jpg20201204_204000.jpg

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @travisbklein ,

With Samsung support being localised and this being a European forum (the English language part is supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, for example), we're limited in what we can do for you in terms of direct support.

Have you been in touch with Samsung US about this issue, or shared it on the Samsung US Community (https://us.community.samsung.com/)  to see if others in the US are reporting the same?

0 Likes
travisbklein
Apprentice
Options

yes of course I was. They didn't say it was out of warranty because I was not located in the correct area. the out of warranty claim was specific to the condition of the watch. The location or language, or what flag you represent all were not variables in the decision for them to claim the watch broke due to no fault of their own (which obviously is a lie)

Just helping others out so they know there are options once a large company like this decides to rip off their hard working customers who pay for their products.