Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Gear fit 2 strap broken

(Topic created on: 28/09/19 01:48)
Paints
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi all, the strap on my gear fit 2 has broken and I bought a copy as replacement as I couldn't find a genuine Samsung strap. The copy strap keeps popping off the watch face so I don't trust it to keep my watch on my wrist.

I contacted Samsung today and they said that the strap isn't covered under the warranty but I can buy a new strap. However, when I was transferred to sales they said they don't have official replacement straps but they have some resellers that offer straps. She gave me 3 companies - formysamsung, e spares and partmaster. I've checked all of these online and none of them sell straps either.

So I now have a fitness band that I can't wear! Has anybody else had this issue? I can't believe Samsung don't sell replacement straps, just shows that they're only interested in selling new things and not interested in providing after care...

31 REPLIES 31
Mister_T
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Samsung support said I could send mine in for $70 diagnostic then whatever repair cost. I search for cheaper options (using resin/epoxy/model cement/etc) then found this option for super cheap!

Search Amazon or Walmart for "gear fit 2 rugged band" or "Gear Fit rugged". For under $10 USD you can get something like this...you just detach the watch bands and pop the watch into it. 

718KhxxXLDL._SL1500_71QqXgSr6aL._SL1500_

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG25245?tag=androidcentralb-20&ascsubtag=UUacUdUnU58559YYwYg

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Silicone-Replacement-Compatible-SM-R360/dp/B0748DR7NG

https://www.walmart.com/ip/For-Gear-Fit2-Fit2-pro-bands-Frame-Rugged-Protective-Case-with-Strap-Band...

ChristaMM79
Observer
Options
Wearables

My straps broke within the first few weeks of receiving my Gear Fit 2.  I couldn't afford to buy new straps as I had spent everything I saved on the watch. I wasn't able to remove the piece that holds the strap & the watch together as the band fell off at the connection. 

I eventually got tired of not being able to wear it. I finally contacted Samsung and they told me that my watch no longer had a warranty as I had waited too long to ask them to fix it. 

I finally was able to find a place that fixes things, which Samsung had recommended to me too! However, they were unable to remove the connector from the watch in order for me to get new bands on it too.

So here I am with a $200 watch and no way to wear it because the bands won't stay on and the connectors won't remove! This is the 1st thing I've ever bought from samsung that I've been so dissatisified with & disappointed in the way they refuse to help. 

I beleive there should be a recall on this watch! Especially since the  connector cannot be removed in order to replace the cheaply made bands that won't stay on! 

tdp
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I had the same happen & I said to them that it's a very expensive piece of kit, ( which I luved) to not be able to replace strap!

0 Likes
PratikGNaik
Observer
Options
Wearables

For me as well, my strap for samsung gear fit 2 pro is broken and orignal strap is not available any where.

Request you to please help.

I would suggest all users who want to purchase the samsung producs, make sure there is after sales services are available or not for their products.

It may be possible that tomorrow you purchase any samsung product and suddnely it stopped working, just imagine  you brought that product at higher prices  and after some issue you realise that there is no after sales service is available from samsung and you wasted your money spend on that product.

0 Likes
mohammed_shoaib
Options
Wearables

Hello ...  my gear 2 strap is broken too, Muscat Oman service centre are raising their hands as saying this is physical damage, though this is poor quality a bad design this is not glued properly, and rather accepting their product quality issue they target customer handling fault and instead of replacing it foc they are now asking to PAY 14 OMR/36.38 USD  i am really disappointed with this service from such reputed brand, should i mark a complaint in  local Consumer Protection Department.

0 Likes
Circet
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I had the same problem and my watch fall off and broked itself. I just bought another one and I can't plug it to Wearable, it's a scandal !

0 Likes
travisbklein
Observer
Options
Wearables

Hello all hopefully this helps some. My Gear watch also broke where the band and the watch connect. I was sitting at my computer and the band just popped off from the watch.

I was told to mail it in for a warranty fix and then I received an email saying it is out of warranty (bought it 5 months ago) and I had to pay $81 for the repair. I called back in and told them why is it out of warranty and they said because of damage to the watch.

I told them the damage happened because of the poor design and materials used to not withstand the tension on the band watch connection. They told me too bad.

I was about to go file a small claims lawsuit in my county and I remembered reading the warranty here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Gear-HSGuide/#Section%201%20:%20Arbitration%20Agreement

and it says I should first do Arbitration on this website https://www.adr.org/aaa-panel and if that fails then go to the small claims lawsuit that I will sue for ~ 250 + court costs.

Thanks for all the images from everyone, this is great evidence and samsung stands a less than 1% chance of winning.  thanks all.  

here are the images from my watch which is perfect condition except the band.

20201204_210748.jpg20201204_210733.jpg20201204_205710.jpg20201204_204000.jpg

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Wearables

Hey @travisbklein ,

With Samsung support being localised and this being a European forum (the English language part is supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, for example), we're limited in what we can do for you in terms of direct support.

Have you been in touch with Samsung US about this issue, or shared it on the Samsung US Community (https://us.community.samsung.com/)  to see if others in the US are reporting the same?

0 Likes
travisbklein
Observer
Options
Wearables

yes of course I was. They didn't say it was out of warranty because I was not located in the correct area. the out of warranty claim was specific to the condition of the watch. The location or language, or what flag you represent all were not variables in the decision for them to claim the watch broke due to no fault of their own (which obviously is a lie)

Just helping others out so they know there are options once a large company like this decides to rip off their hard working customers who pay for their products.

0 Likes
Sonnguyen512
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I bought a galaxy fit 2 a week ago and on the first day I went to the swimming pool, the band felt out my arm due to the strap. Luckily, people on the swimming pool noticed and have the band back to me. I feel really disappointed, the band supposes to sustained the heavy moving during the workout/activity but it does not and fell on the first try.

Stephenjp
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi When my original strap broke around 6 months after purchase,  I tried various alternatives which eventually broke as well.

I settled on using a strap where the phone clips in, might not be ideal, but its easy to take out to fit on the charger.

This is my 2nd strap of this type, they do eventually break but cheap to replace & I purchased spare strap 😀

I guess issue maybe be it falling out of strap but not had a problem yet & might affect accuracy but tbh original strap stair count never worked properly.

I did attach pictures but the replay interface would never let me delete duplicate pic so give up and deleted them all.

0 Likes