Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit 2 Pro - Standalone GPS not working

(Topic created on: 15-02-2019 11:58 AM)
L1ng
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Recently the standalone GPS on my Gear Fit 2 Pro has stopped functioning completely. I've tried resetting the watch numerous times to no avail. I took it to the Samsung repair centre and they replaced the motherboard on the watch and to my surprise the GPS still does not function after having it returned. 

Due to the motherboard being replaced it says to me this is a software related issue. The guys in the repair centre showed me a diagnostic test they ran on the watch and showed me everything had passed. They also claimed due to servicing the watch there was nothing else they could do on a return to the store and suggested that I contact Samsung directly.

Has anyone had a similar experience with their Gear Fit 2 Pro? 

17 REPLIES 17
vsticins
Apprentice
Options

thanks a lot!
How do I get the watch back from the service - I will try it!

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
JoeFandango
Apprentice
Options

Hello, here I got the same issue. Did you get it back from service? Does it work now? Works only on strava or even with samsung app on the watch?

thegromeu
First Poster
Options

Same problem as everyone. GPS is not working alone since a few months now. Neither with Strava app on the watch. Can we get an update to fix it quick please ?

0 Likes
vsticins
Apprentice
Options

My watch was 3 times in the service. No one of them did't fixed  a problem. So last times a shop where i bought watches wrote me document, that watches is spoilage(defect). So i get money back and bought anothet smart watches.

So what i can say about this all- it is no normal when you stay with a problem alone, because Samsung support did't nothing and do not answer to any community messages. So Samsung is *****!

0 Likes
mohsenfff
First Poster
Options
The gear fit 2 pro doesn't use build-in GPS while it is connected to the phone, instead, it uses phone 's Gps, if you wish to use the built-in functionality of the watch, then you need to disconnect the watch from the phone through Bluetooth.
build-in GPS use extra battery source. meanwhile, if you want to reserve battery juice it is better to use the external GPS, if the GPS reconnect constantly while using external GPS, then make sure the phone is not in any power mode (such as medium power saving or adaptive power saving ).
0 Likes
DusanL
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody. Maybe I find solution for the people who had a problem with fix gps locaition in your smartwatch. My problem was that wehen I want go runing gps time conection was very long. I try anything but very often GPS not fix or fixing time was very log 10min and more. Offcourse when I go to run I dont have smartphone, just only Fit gerar 2 pro without bluetooth conection.  Last time I m instal strava aplication and try outside tested. When I use this aplication conection gps time is very short. Maximum 3 minutes. I tested gps conection with this aplication on diferent wheather condition and still catch gps conection. Then when you fix gps you can switch bluetooth on for the head phones or switch to any aplication for etc endomondo or integreated aplication. Conection gps still working. Im tested this situation 15 times and still working but only when you are useing Strava aplication. You can try it? pleas give me your feedback here. thkx

0 Likes
Reiza
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

I also had similar issue with my watch. Then as milanCZ said, i tried using other apps for detecting the gps, as a 'bait'. Instead using Strava, i use Edomondo. And voilaa.. the gps start working again even if use native application..

So, if i may take the conclusion, if you have similar issues again, just open other apps (strava/edomondo), for several second (until gps detected notification), then you can quit and use any apps you wanted..

I hope this Helps :smiling-face:

Cheers

GuinnessDraft
First Poster
Options

Installed Strava and Voila! In fact GPS now connects faster then ever. 

Really odd workaround.  But it works. Samsung ought to have a real fix though but likely they want you to buy a new device. Maybe they bricked the gps on purpose.  

0 Likes