Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit 2 music volume problem

(Topic created on: 16-05-2017 12:26 PM)
Fifer
Explorer
Options

When I attempt to turn the music volume on my Gear Fit 2 beyond 9, it prompts a message asking if I want to raise the volume above the "safe" level. Pressing the tick to accept this instantly reduces the volume, but then allows the volume number to be raised to 15 (with 10 - 15 displaying in red presumably to highlight the "danger"). However, at 15, the volume is exactly the same as the prvious setting of "9" before accepting the "risk". What is the point of having the same maximum volume before and after the warning?

Whilst I accept that high volumes can damage hearing, (a) the maximum volume of the Gear Fit 2 is much lower than that of any phone or DAP I have owned, (b) I suffer mild to moderate hearing loss and need a reasonable level of volume to enjoy music (and before anyone jumps in, my audiologist has confirmed that normal listening levels are unlikely to worsen my condition) and (c) I am an adult - having accepted a risk, I should be allowed to choose my own listening volumes.

Is there any way to fix the behaviour of the volume control having accepted the risk? It clearly does not function properly at the moment.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JessL
Voyager
Options

Hey @Fifer

We've just tried this with our Gear Fit 2 and Icon X Earphones and are unable to replicate the issue. 

Once we reached the point of accepting the 'risk' the volume continued to increase without dropping beforehand.

In this instance we'd recommend trying different Earphones to see if this is causing the issue. 

0 Likes
Fifer
Explorer
Options

Ok, thanks for that. I will try a different set of earphones and report back.

0 Likes
jt
First Poster
Options

Has this been resolved?  I have the same exact issue.  I clicked the check box and the max volume was instantly reduced.  I can not figure out how to undo this setting.

0 Likes
jt
First Poster
Options

Has this issue been resolved?  I just experienced the same exact thing.  I am using PowerBeats3 headphones with the Gear Fit 2.  I'd rather not have to go out and buy a second pair of bluetooth headphones to troubleshoot here.  

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE513
Explorer
Options

Hi, One option without starting from a factory reset is if you hold the bottom button for approx 7 seconds it will reboot and sometimes rectifies problems without losing data.

KCsung
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have been watching this thread for some time, praying for a solution to appear but unfortunately not yet 😞

I am experiencing the exact same issue with this watch and it is not just isolated to Spotify I tried it on Tidal too and the same thing occurs. I followed this threads advice and even bought new bluetooth ear buds to check if it was the ear buds causing the issue. Nope!

I brought my watch back to the store in Ireland in which I bought it as they have a 2 year repair policy. The watch was sent back to Samsung in the UK for repair. Samsung tested the watch and returned it stating there is no issues with the volume or audio. I tested the watch in the store on it's return and the issue was still there. The store sent the watch back again and once more Samsung sent it back to store citing no issues with the watch. I asked the store to send back again and actually cite this exact thread in order to show Samsung it is a problem.

After waiting 6 long Covid-19 months and about 40 runs with my brick of a phone (also Samsung) in my pocket, I have finally got the watch back today with a 'new part' inserted into the watch. I can confirm the volume is slightly better than what it was, however, the volume issue when going above 9 still exists and when testing the volume levels between the watch and my Samsung galaxy s8 watch there is a clear distinction between the two and as result I really really regret buying this watch! 

My fear is that Samsung know well what the issue is but do not want to invest the money in fixing an old product for the select few of us experiencing the issue. Pity. Will remember when buying new tech in future.

0 Likes