Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear 3 Frontier - Charging with Samsung Wireless Fast Charger EP-PG950 (Note 8 Wireless Charger)

(Topic created on: 03-04-2018 10:21 AM)
MrWLJ
Student
Options

I recently purchased a Samsung Note 8 and got the lovely Samsung Wireless Fast Charger EP-PG950 with it.

I am now considering purchasing the Gear 3 Frontier. 

My question is - can you charge the Gear 3 Frontier on the wireless charger I mentioned above?

The reason for my question is that I travel a lot and the fewer charger I can carry the better! Ideally, it would be great if I could place the watch on the phone wireless charger (not at the same time of course!) and it would charge the watch.

I asked the same question of the Samsung online live chat support and had a useless answer telling me the charge lead is different... which isn't the question I am asking!

Any guidance gratefully received. If someone else has actually got a wireless charger (other than the one supplied with the watch) and it does or does not charge the Gear 3 then please let me know. 

It isn't a show stopper, just more convenient!

Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I use the new wireless charger from Samsung that converts to a pad or slides up to a stand type wireless charger. 

My Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch will not charge that way. 

I have to use the supplied cradle that came with the watch. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MrWLJ
Student
Options

Thank you for the response, I guessed that would be the answer, sadly!

I have ordered my watch anyway and just a shame it cant be combined.

0 Likes
th3flash
First Poster
Options

Do you the new wireless Samsung charger that was just released for 2018 supporta wireless fast charging for the s3 frontier?

It has indentation on the charger specifically for watches

0 Likes