Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear 3 frontier and samsung pay

(Topic created on: 20-04-2018 10:34 AM)
Tybooyahh
Student
Options

Hello guys

I bought last week Samsung Gear 3 Frontier and one of the futures that I really wanted to use is payments. Apparently it gave me a hard time . Not supported cards, when I found one I had problems ro add it but finally when I did that I have a problem now with paying.

I have Amex added to it. When I go to the store and I want to pay I follow the instructions hold back button input pin select card tap pay and hold near card machine. Yeah, the last step, problem is sometimes it will pay sometimes it is like card machine is not even reading nothing from the watch. I have tried to pay with samsung pay 10 times in the same store, only twice I have managed to do it. I really doubt it that the problem is with NFC chip, but honestly, I have no idea 😞

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
danamoult
First Poster
Options

Are you UK? You're not the only one reporting this. I experienced this with the first Frontier I purchased. I sent it back and got the replacement today. It worked fine for the first purchase but the second attempted purchase went exactly as you describe: hold it up to the terminal and the terminal does not detect anything there while the watch continues to tick down.

I haven't found any solutions yet. Pretty disappointing.

0 Likes
Tybooyahh
Student
Options

Yes, Im UK. It was annoying me as well. I was thinking as well about the replacement I bought it like 5 days ago but Im still trying to think about something else. I have s8 I have uninstalled everything today, Samsung pay(gear in app) and samsung pay support apps from the phone. I have installed samsung pay for the phone first than for the gear set up Amex and for now twice it worked but I will try again tomorrow. (I dont think it will work out)

0 Likes
Tybooyahh
Student
Options
you know the pin that once in a time you need to enter before pay, is there any chance that anytime I want to pay it will ask me for the pin ?
0 Likes