Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy4 Sleep tracking seems bad

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 08:31 AM)
Stylos
Explorer
Options

If you dare to wake up in the middle of the night to hit the toilet, it's game over according to Galaxy watch 4. You slept for the night and good to go and it stops tracking.

But I slept for another 4 hours after I hit the toilet. It didn't take it into account. This happens every time.

It also doesn't like it when it has to give you deep sleep and it's more than happy to register your whole night as light sleep.

I kinda regretted it that I gave my  Fitbit away.

21 REPLIES 21
Blackeagledead
Apprentice
Options

YeH, the sleep tracking  really bad

Pepilo
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone, I've had this watch for around a month now. At first the sleep tracking looked terrible, even worst than the Mi Band 3 I had before.
Looking for solutions, I ran into this thread, read the comments and even thought of returning the watch.
I decided to keep trying it until the 30 days return period expires.
Reading quite a few posts and videos, I found that to make the sleep tracking work, you need to adjust it tight to the wrist (in my case on the first hole of the band), and move it slightly below the wrist bone.

Since I started doing that, the tracking seems to have been much better, although from time to time the watch decides to not track sleep at all (only happened twice in a month).

That's my experience so far, another things I did have enabled/disabled are:
- Keep my phone connected to the internet while sleeping

- Disable snore detection

- Enable blood oxygen detection

- Set sleeping objectives

Not sure if those make a difference but those are my settings.
Hope it helps someone.
Cheers,

0 Likes