Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy4 Sleep tracking seems bad

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 08:31 AM)
Stylos
Explorer
Options

If you dare to wake up in the middle of the night to hit the toilet, it's game over according to Galaxy watch 4. You slept for the night and good to go and it stops tracking.

But I slept for another 4 hours after I hit the toilet. It didn't take it into account. This happens every time.

It also doesn't like it when it has to give you deep sleep and it's more than happy to register your whole night as light sleep.

I kinda regretted it that I gave my  Fitbit away.

21 REPLIES 21
yrbhan
First Poster
Options

Exactly same here too. I'm tracking my sleep since last 5 days, the score has always been under 50 and just a couple of minutes of deep sleep every night

0 Likes
bigggtime
Student
Options

My deep sleep is always so low, it actually has been worrying me for awhile. I used the active2 for awhile and it's weird because now that i'm using the 4 it seems like my sleep quality has dropped off a cliff. Thinking of trying something else out.

bigggtime
Student
Options

samsung sleep tracking summed up..

0 Likes
ihunt4
Explorer
Options

I feel like the development team are waiting to see if anyone buys the watch before putting any real effort in to build the software as my watch only ever seems to capture a few hours of sleep.. 

They really need to get a mature team of professional programmers to make sure the development is tested and working before letting it out to the public. 

LuciferV
First Poster
Options

Worst sleep tracking so far!

Was using an Amazfit GTR (47mm) before this and it did a GREAT job detecting sleep properly! 

I could verify awake time to be accurate as I remember them and it showed deep sleep, rem and light sleep very accurately!

Then I used a Samsung Watch Active2, which did a VERY POOR job of accurately measuring my sleep! 

I once wore both watches and got completely different readings. And I could confirm that Amazfit was accurate and Samsung one was far away from being accurate. 

Now I have a Samsung Watch 4 and it shows an awake time of 1hour+ which I know I wasn't awake! Also deep sleep is 0minutes! 

Pathetic I had to pay 250$ for this watch and get a completely stupid reading while my 120$ Amazfit was doing a pretty amazing job!

Samsung never fails to disappoint their users! 🤮

(My S9+ suffered from yellow screen after just a year of use!)

0 Likes
ihunt4
Explorer
Options
I'm really hoping it's a case of poor/lazy programming and not the hardware it's self..
It's been out a wile now and not seen any meaningful updates.. it seems it's more dependent on the phone then the watch.. so maybe they just cheaped out with the hardware.
0 Likes
stevewalt
Student
Options
Hi, purchased a Samsung s4 classic watch the sleep record was 

Day one 1 hour 11 minutes Deep

Day two 9 mins Deep sleep

Day three 0 mins Deep sleep

Day four 0 mins Deep sleep

That's out of 7 hours every night

I used my Samsung gear 3 watch for over 2 year's never had any issues with the sleep readings it was Brill

Very disappointed in my purchase of the s4 classic 

KamalR
First Poster
Options

Mine detect it as second sleep, but agree that records of deep sleep seems far too low mostly less than 15min. Samsung has to do something for the algorithm for this..

0 Likes
ihunt4
Explorer
Options
According to my watch I have slept 1 hour this week...
notjoancollins
First Poster
Options
Yep, I often fall asleep in my son's bed getting him to sleep. My watch doesn't start recording sleep until I get into my bed. My fitbit used to record from the moment I nodded off and would show a lot of deep sleep during that initial hour or two. Deep sleep now is normally a few minutes every day.
0 Likes