Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5 Pro will not connect to phone

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 11:35 PM)
Crowdstar
Student
Options

I have had the Watch5 Pro for about 5 days now.  I've have tried 100 times to connect it to various phones and it will not connect.

I use a BLU G90 PRO and I have never been able to connect it.  The furthest I have gotten is "For your review" terms and conditions page where it just spins after clicking next or accept.

ONE TIME i got it to briefly connect to a unitech barcode scanner phone I have with no sim card.  I was excited to actually see the watch face for a second.  I tried to switch back to my actual phone and no luck since, even with the same phone.

Yesterday I tried my brothers S22+ and it connected on the first try.  Is this just another way Samsung is trying to force use of a Galaxy phone?  Is anyone having success with non-Samsung phones?

When I connect to bluetooth it askes me to confirm the pin and then it seems to immediately drop.  I can select the watch again and it will give a new pin but the watch is stuck with the old pin and need to reboot or timeout and retry.  Is this some "special" bluetooth that Samsung has that is not standard on other phones?  I have never had a problem with any other bluetooth device.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Unfortunately the Galaxy watch 5 is ONLY designed to connect to Samsung phones. Not only that but the most recent models only.
In the past samsung has aloud their watches to connect to Apple, but not this time. That's why you had no issue connecting your watch to a Galaxy S22+.
0 Likes
Crowdstar
Student
Options

They claim to support other android phones.  

• Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic: Phones with Android 6.0 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported. The phone must also support Google Mobile Services. Please check whether your smartphone supports Google Mobile Services with the smartphone manufacturer.

0 Likes
Light
First Poster
Options

I Think your watch is not connected properly with your phone. So, first re-start the watch and phone and make sure your Bluetooth Is enable and also look that your Wearable App is updated. If there is also, Watch is not connected then clear cache the wearable App and then re-connect again this will help you to connect your watch.

If the mention method is didn’t Working So, contact the customer support.

0 Likes