Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5 Pro Overheating after 10 Min on Speaker call

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 08:23 PM)
dietmarp
Apprentice
Options

Just received the Galaxy Watch5 Pro LTE.
Used it outdoors with the Buds2 Pro for 1,5 hours without any problems.

Then I used it to make a phone call without buds. After ~10 minutes an overheating message appeared, disappeared, phone call disconnected and like after 5 min it came back.
During this time it was not really usable, e.g. could not call again.
Then the next call only lasted about 3 min, until the overheating appeared again.

@Samsung Support  - what is the issue please.  Has this not been tested?

17 REPLIES 17
sam_sung_user
Journeyman
Options

How do you trust this will help if this started few years ago with previous models and hasn't been fixed ?

sam_sung_user
Journeyman
Options

This happens in fresh installation so shouldn't be samsung app causing it.

0 Likes
Jeff B
First Poster
Options

19 Sept 2022 - Just unboxed my watch from Fed Ex delivery.  Set it up. Made a call - using speaker at loudest capacity. and within a few minutes. That error occured. So I Checked for software updates. There was one and I installed it. Made another call on speaker at full volume and it over heated again. Factory Reset watch and set it up as a new device and not from backup. Tested again.. same as before and same results. This absolutely not a rare occurrence as when i attempted to do same with the Watch 4, I had same issues. AT&T even replaced it with a new watch in store and it was easily replicated.

0 Likes
Crystal_619
Apprentice
Options

Have had my watch a few weeks (Have had basically every version of watch, but left my 4 in a drawer and used the 3 because of issues)  Just took my first phone call because my phone was dead.  Answered on speaker, then grabbed the buds pro 2 and paired to it.  Within probably 3-4 minutes, the watch overheated.  I had already lost the call because of my phone dying, then my watch hung up on them.  I run a trucking company so constant contact is important for me which is part of why I have always ran lte watches.  What's the point of having a watch to make phone calls if it can't do it without overheating and shutting off.

keiththomas
Student
Options

Found this on YouTube. It is about the galaxy Watch 4 but may be relevant.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 4.57.56 pm.png

Crystal_619
Apprentice
Options

This may possibly be what I am experiencing.  I know the other day my phone died.  I tried to reply to my son's text message and it sent from the watch's phone number instead of it's number share number and he had no idea who was sending the message.   I'm with Verizon and have had a watch on my plan for years but the first time I've had this issue.  Of course I had problems with them even getting the Watch 4 activated correctly and b/c I had so many issues, I just continued to use my Watch 3 and traded the 4 in on the 5

0 Likes
wayne_wales
Student
Options
I've had similar problems with both variants thats it for me now samsung can go whistle as I'm going to someone who's LTE Watch ACTUALLY does what it says on the tin !
0 Likes
Ronald Haight
First Poster
Options

Mine does same thing not hot out either like 70 f or cooler a bit warmer .every time talk over a couple min says overheating than drops call. I had to send in to samsung.was under warrenty. When got back same proble. They did nothing so it seams .was without watch about 5 days.not going to bother sending in again .when this thing is paid for I will deffently get a apple watch. Convenced Samsung pro 5 LTE are a defective watch they can't seem to fix so do as I am try Apple watch next. Mean while no use to send in and be  without when they samsung can't repair their junk

0 Likes