Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5 Pro Overheating after 10 Min on Speaker call

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 01:59 PM)
dietmarp
Apprentice
Options

Just received the Galaxy Watch5 Pro LTE.
Used it outdoors with the Buds2 Pro for 1,5 hours without any problems.

Then I used it to make a phone call without buds. After ~10 minutes an overheating message appeared, disappeared, phone call disconnected and like after 5 min it came back.
During this time it was not really usable, e.g. could not call again.
Then the next call only lasted about 3 min, until the overheating appeared again.

@Samsung Support  - what is the issue please.  Has this not been tested?

17 REPLIES 17
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
God buddy.. After all the drama, I am expecting my lte tomorrow..
The only advantage is, I am not a talking human being 😂😂.. Max 2 minutes call
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
Overheating was a problem with GW4. I watched a review of the GW5 Pro LTE innwhich reviewer specifically tested for this making 2 x 1 hour cslls and he had no problems.
0 Likes
Members_Xog6o8P
First Poster
Options

Same thing in my case. I connected my galaxy buds + and went for a walk. I called my wife, few minutes later I got the error message about overheating and watch switched to plane mode. After 5 minutes it came back to normal state. 

Can support do something about this?

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @dietmarp. I appreciate you sharing your experience with your new Watch5 Pro so far. The issue you are experiencing when on calls is very unusual, so I definitely recommend that you complete an Error report. This will allow our engineers to take a look into this in greater detail. To do this:

1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on your paired phone within 15 minutes of experiencing an issue. 
  2. Tap More (the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner). 
  3. Tap Contact us. 
  4. Tap Error reports. 
  5. The first time you tap the Error reports option, you'll be asked to confirm whether to send system log data Always or Only once (we'll need the system log data to thoroughly investigate). 

5.1. We would recommend selecting Always, as if you need to send further Error reports in the future, this will save some time. 

1. Choose an Error report category to submit. 
  2. Complete the required details (adding any images/screenshots using the paperclip icon), and send the report. 
  3. Allow some time for the team to get back to you with the results of their investigation.

I trust that this will help you get this matter resolved as quickly as possible. Please keep the thread updated, so that we can see how you got on.

dietmarp
Apprentice
Options

Hi @PaulM1 
thanks for your advise.  I will collect the error information next time.

Today I retested calling and having the phone line open  for over 50 minutes and I could not replicate the issue.

Possibly one of the apps in the background were the cause. On the first day using the watch I started a lot.

Mike_L_From_E-L
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing exactly the same problem when making phone calls with my Galaxy 5 pro LTE.

Every phone call is being disconnected after several minutes and the phone gives the error of being overheated.

Dannyd2
Student
Options

Mine is overheating as well whenever I take a call . Samsung this is unacceptable fix it, or don't waste your customers time and money releasing an lte version that doesn't work. 

dietmarp
Apprentice
Options

Hi @Dannyd2   -  I could not replicate the issue myself yet - but if it still is on your watch please follow the instructions @PaulM1  shared earlier. This will help the support to locate the issue.
Thanks a lot 

0 Likes
sam_sung_user
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes