Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5 Pro not linking to my Phone

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 06:05 PM)
MontyWales
Journeyman
Options

I have been trying for DAYS to get them them link up. The phone is a A52 5G. (fairly new) 

I have tried the uninstall wearables app, get it from the Samsung store as the google one is faulty and reverse. I've re set the watch and phone no end of times. I've cleared everything out, Even under the stairs. 

But nope. It will not link. I get through join, check numbers match, pairing starting. Download what I think is Watch5 drivers, the agreement menus and get an error can not pair with phone, Over and over, And of course it has to reset the phone EVERY 3 fails. WHY . Days and Days of trying 'tricks' I've seen on the interweb of lies. Set date , turn this off, turn that on, Dance around a 200 year old oak tree naked.  ( Although I do do that for fun as well ) 

And NOPE they won't pair.

Now I did borrow an old Oneplur 6T and guess what. YEP it paired with that by going through the Bluetooth settings and works fine, So  It's NOT the watch , I doubt it's the phone and that pairs to everything BT with no problems. Its the app.   Hundreds of ppl on the Samsung app store also complaining. It HAS to be the app. LOL

HELP ..........    I wont tell you want the 'Tech Guy' said on Twitter 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi MontyWales

I appreciate the frustration this must be causing.

Here are a couple of possible help Links.

However if they don't help then I'd suggest to send feedback via your Samsung Members App and hopefully Samsung Tech will be able to help.

Failing that personally I'd reset the watch and begin again.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082502/

https://www.getdroidtips.com/galaxy-watch-5-not-connecting-phone/

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask. 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MontyWales
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the links, But yer done ALL that ,  What gets me though is this sort of thing 

The problem is often linked to the old software version of the phone or the watch. You must check if there’s a pending update for any of the devices. If yes, go ahead and install the update.

Now, to update your Galaxy Watch, open the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone, and scroll down until you see the Watch Software update option. Tap on it and click Download.

So to update the watch you need to connect the app that you cant connect, to update the phone so you can connect the app, that you can't connect to.  that doesn't work.  ?  Who writes this stuff ?   LOL 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Thats a shame the links haven't helped.

To be honest all the Samsung Watches I own have all connected without issue.

Did you send feedback as I suggested ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MontyWales
Journeyman
Options

Sending Watch back 😞 

0 Likes