Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch4 Classic call audio coming from the wrong device

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 06:58 AM)
Lyubomir
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I recently got Galaxy Watch4 Classic bluetooth version and I am facing a very annoying problem, which I have been unable to solve so far. The watch is fully updated to the latest software as of 23/Feb/2022. Phone is running Android 10. (Huawei P Smart Pro)

The problem:

Sporadically call audio is coming from the wrong device. For example, when making an outgoing call from the telephone the audio is sometimes coming from the watch speaker, while it is in my pocket and it is causing me great inconvenience. It is expected that the audio comes from the phone earpiece, since I am initiating the call from that device.

What I have narrowed down so far:

After getting a missed call or after accepting a call directly from the watch, the call audio gets permanently redirected to the watch speaker. Trying to make an outgoing call from the phone after that results in audio going directly to the watch instead of phone earpiece.

What I have tried so far:

Resetting the watch does not help. Upgrading everything to the latest version does not help.

Contacting Samsung support does not help. They keep responding with automated messages asking me to go see a service center, which will obviously not help since this is a software problem with the Galaxy Wearable app or Galaxy Watch4 Manager app/plugin.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You are right if you answer your call on your watch it redirects to your watch, unless you have earbuds connected in which it will go there

Answer on your phone and it should work as normal through the handset

Haven't had issue where answering on handset and it going to the watch
0 Likes
DamnYank
First Poster
Options

I am absolutely having the same problem. All of the replies I have seen so far are inadequate. It was definitely one of the reasons I bought this watch in the first place. I am very much thinking about returning it.

0 Likes
Lyubomir
First Poster
Options

What is your phone model and Android version? 

0 Likes