Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch4 and feeling unwell

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 03:25 PM)
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

This post might sound absolutely crazy but please hear me out!

Firstly, refer to the following Samsung forum post (from the US forums I think) - I would have replied on there but for some reason the reply button is greyed out:

Samsung-galaxy-watch-causing-pain 

Anyway on Friday I bought a brand new Galaxy Watch4 Classic on the day of release.

I set it up on the Saturday morning and put it on my wrist and then went for a walk. As I was out walking I started to feel what I can only describe as "very weird" - lightheaded, dizzy, palpitations and with an odd sensation in the arm the watch was on. I thought I'd carry on but then it got too much and I had to sit down. I took the watch off and sat for a while and then went home without the watch on. It wasn't an instantaneous change but I started to feel better again.

Then the next day I tried again and it was the same result - feeling very odd with the watch on. I now haven't worn it since and I thought I'd come on here and ask if anyone else has had similar things happen? I know, I also keep thinking "it can't be the watch" but then wondering what else could it be, as I don't have those things happen without it. That's why I also decided to Google it and I see there's quite a bit out there (not just Samsung, but other brands like FitBit etc) of people having similar issues.

As a lot of people mention in the thread I linked to above, they can't actually wear their watch because of it, and I feel the same and I'm pretty gutted about it. I just don't get it.

Juist curious to know if anyone on here has any ideas or anyone else has suffered this, before I think I am losing my mind!

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the reply.

That's kind of how I feel when wearing it, like a slight panic attack type feeling, with breathing trouble and weird tingly electrical sensations too in my arm and wrist.

It's comforting in some ways knowing I am not the only one, and people keep adding to this thread more and more as time goes on with similar issues. But it's also annoying, as I paid £369 for a watch that I cannot wear!

I'm torn between giving it another go and selling it at a loss.
0 Likes
William45
Student
Options

Hi Alex you were the first person or post I have seen the knowledge these symptoms we are having maybe we're just different LOL but I cut off all the senses on my watch and it still gave me headaches and like you I don't know what to do I want to wear and then I want to sell it I don't know. Been having these problems with the watch classic and apple watches thought it was a difference between Android and iPhone but I guess it's both but it gives me a reason to stay with Android cuz I like Android better and my wife like iPhone and I tell her the iPhone give me headaches to so hopefully we can figure this out and somebody else come forward or help us thanks for your response.

0 Likes
MeJay2
First Poster
Options

Had a similar reaction to wearing the Gearfit 2. Palpitations so bad I ended up having ECG's and going on beta blockers. Wasn't until Dad said he got a similar feeling putting his phone in his left shirt pocket that I thought there may be a connection with the watch. Completely disappeared when I stopped wearing it...

0 Likes
MD707
First Poster
Options

Hello Alex,

I have had three Samsung watches, this is my third (the galaxy 4 classic) watch and so I am speaking from years of using this type of product. 

The DAY I first put this watch on I noticed that my hand (ring finger and pinky) was getting numb and felt like I was having a pinched nerve. I wear the band super loose...like the watch slides around on my wrist. I never had this problem with the other two watches. Today I google "numbness in hand while wearing Samsung Galaxy Watch" and I see all these other people having all the same issues and more. I have stopped wearing it as of today. I took a break from wearing it for a week and the numb fingers went away...put it on this morning and within 30 min that feeling was back.  I asked my wife to put it on and see if she liked it. I did not tell her I was having numbness in my fingers. Within 5 min she said she didn't like it. I asked her why...she said it makes my wrist feel weird and my fingers are cold and tingly. She was wearing it loosely as I told her to. 

I contacted Samsung today. The rep pretended not to know about any other complaints. He went on to tell me to send it in so they could check it out. He asked if I had ever got it wet, dropped, or banged it on a hard surface, or if it was not working normally and charging normally. I seriously have every inclination that Samsung knows this watch is dangerous and that it is sending out high amounts of EMF. I have an RF and EMF meter at home, I plan to check it out tonight when I get there.  I suspect that it is putting out high levels of EMF and that it is causing nerve and tissue damage. This is also why they want it back so that they can destroy the evidence I am guessing. I think that this watch (this model) is dangerous to wear on your skin daily...and especially to sleep with it on. I am not planning to use it anymore. 

Thank you,

Michael 

alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hi Michael, thanks for replying.

So just to clarify, you have used other Smartwatches in the past (including previous Samsung models) and never had these issues?

The reason I ask is because a) it's absolutely sod's law that the first ever smartwatch I buy has these problems, and b) I have been thinking of buying another watch/fitness tracker such as a decent FitBit, but I am scared it will just be the same result. Sadly the experience of using this Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic has got into my head now probably with any future smartwatch I wear. 

Very interesting that you didn't even tell your wife about the issues you'd had with the watch, but as soon as she wore it she was noticing the same sensations. 

When I made this post almost a year ago, I expected people to tell me I was insane, or imagining it, but so many people have similar problems, there is absolutely something wrong with this watch, and I can't believe that Samsung are just ignoring it.

It makes me even angrier that when I tried to return it within 14 days of having the watch, the guy in the Samsung store basically laughed at me and made out it was my problem, not theirs, and said I couldn't return it. Do Samsung read these forums and posts? Is there anyone I can contact? I've literally still got the watch in a box, it's been worn twice and I can't even shift it on Gumtree. I paid nearly £400 for a watch I cannot use and I would like some input from Samsung on this rather than them just burying their heads in the sand!

Also, did you get around to using your RF/EMF meter on the watch?

This issue makes me very reluctant to go for any future Samsung products.

0 Likes
Crumbz
Apprentice
Options
So update, I know it has been a while.
I got my watch sent off for examination, they returned it and stated that there were no faults or technical problems noted.
I stopped using it for a while and my symptoms seemed to subside. Unfortunately, at the time I was using the watch, I had started pain relief due to a fracture, so upon seeing the doctor, they stated the headaches and tingling sensation could be due to that but also that the watches signals could be causing that discomfort. So I thought I'd stop using it for a while, finish my course of medication, then reassess. I did start using it again, occasional tingling but very minor this time around, no headaches and was okay to use. I've been using it since and I no longer have any problems with it.
0 Likes
JimmyDat
First Poster
Options

HI Alex and Galaxy watch users. 

The same happened to me. I have been watched many reviews on youtube but none of them has ever mentioned this issue so it is truly glad to see your topic.

Before GS4 , I tried on Xiaomi S1 active but GS4 was my priority at that time cause I am using Samsung S21 ultra, and the feeling was normal, a bit more comfortable than other traditional watch to be honest .  Then I tried GW4 on the next day, I feel something not right instantly,  I tried to stay at the store for more 15 minutes and it just getting a bit worse. With the price right now,  I gotta say it is truly hard decision to do but I have to choose other brands. 
I think there are some nerves right under the sensor bottom and it is depending on each person's anatomy not everyone. We are simply just not fit for this but it fit for others . However the S1 active suit my wrist so why does not Samsung ? 

0 Likes
Nikhil K
First Poster
Options

I just got a watch 4 classic LTE in India and i have had the same feeling. I tried it on both of my hands and i just cant seem to be able to wear it. There is a strange tingling/numbness/pain overall in the hand. 
Any updates from Samsung as to what could be causing this issue ?
I have tried turning off the heart rate sensor to manual as suggested, but it does not help.

Let me know if any of you have had any official response from Samsung

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nikhil K: I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing discomfort while wearing your Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. We take matters such as this very seriously, and have processes in place to support customers in these instances. If you are based in India, then please follow the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the 'Support' section to reach out to our colleagues in your region, where an advisor will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/in/

Sadly we are unable to progress your query from here, as we are only able to escalate customer queries for those based in the UK and Ireland. 

0 Likes
amazan18
First Poster
Options

Hi Nikhil, the official response has been "this is a non issue" "never heard of it" "we can check watch if it is faulty". I think issue here is likely to do with sensors in the watch and how it acts on individuals :(.. class action lawsuit is what i think needs to happen!

0 Likes