Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch4 and feeling unwell

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 03:36 PM)
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

This post might sound absolutely crazy but please hear me out!

Firstly, refer to the following Samsung forum post (from the US forums I think) - I would have replied on there but for some reason the reply button is greyed out:

Samsung-galaxy-watch-causing-pain 

Anyway on Friday I bought a brand new Galaxy Watch4 Classic on the day of release.

I set it up on the Saturday morning and put it on my wrist and then went for a walk. As I was out walking I started to feel what I can only describe as "very weird" - lightheaded, dizzy, palpitations and with an odd sensation in the arm the watch was on. I thought I'd carry on but then it got too much and I had to sit down. I took the watch off and sat for a while and then went home without the watch on. It wasn't an instantaneous change but I started to feel better again.

Then the next day I tried again and it was the same result - feeling very odd with the watch on. I now haven't worn it since and I thought I'd come on here and ask if anyone else has had similar things happen? I know, I also keep thinking "it can't be the watch" but then wondering what else could it be, as I don't have those things happen without it. That's why I also decided to Google it and I see there's quite a bit out there (not just Samsung, but other brands like FitBit etc) of people having similar issues.

As a lot of people mention in the thread I linked to above, they can't actually wear their watch because of it, and I feel the same and I'm pretty gutted about it. I just don't get it.

Juist curious to know if anyone on here has any ideas or anyone else has suffered this, before I think I am losing my mind!

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
did you have the strap too tight so that it impacted on blood circulation? i know you are supposed to wear fitness monitoring devices tight on the wrist but you have to be careful not to limit blood circulation at the same time. That could cause the symptoms but your hand would throb like mad first which would be the bigger clue to loosen the strap. The only other option is an allergy to the chemicals and metal contact plates on the watch and strap. If you get broken skin or ulceration do not continue using the watch.
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the reply. Someone else had replied also as I got a notification but when I went into this post it appears to have been deleted for some reason so I didn't see it!

I wouldn't say the strap was too tight no, in fact I tried wearing it looser, and not only did that not help with the weird sensations it was also annoying having it move too freely on my wrist.

I am wondering about an allergy or something, but I would have thought an allergy would just cause a rash or skin irritation, like you've suggested. I don't know whether an allergy could cause me to feel lightheaded and dizzy etc whilst wearing it.

It's all so frustrating. As I said I know it sounds crazy, but at the same time I see other posts about it so it can't just be me!

Any official input from Samsung would also be appreciated.
AntS
Options

Hi @alex_ncfc,

We’d like to get this investigated and would like to collect some additional information from you. Please send us a PM to our team account: Sam_UK  (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 )

(Guide on how to send Private Messages here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... )

0 Likes
Crumbz
Apprentice
Options
Hey all!!
Hope you're well. 
Just wondering, I've noticed since I've started using the Galaxy watch 4 (Bluetooth version- from the 27th of August UK release)- I would either start the day with a mild headache or after hours of wearing it, get a mild headache. I only made the link that it was the watch when I took note of how often I was having one and how it appeared to subsided the moment I removed the device. Now, this is my first smart watch and I know that with prolonged use, headaches can be a potential side effect, but it is becoming a bit too frequent and due to the frequency, I feel like I may have to eventually stop using my device. I've also had a slight intermittent tingling sensation on my wrist whenever I wear it. 
Has anyone else had anything similar? Any tips/tricks?? Etc...thanks...
😇😇
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I've heard a lot of people similarly complain about the issue you are experiencing, so I would say search the Members app for any similar posts made, as well as use Google to see what have people done about it 😀. Hope this helps! 😁
AntS
Options

Hi @Crumbz , I've merged yours and alex_ncfc's threads as it looks like you guys may have experienced the same thing.

Are you able to send us a Private Message to our team account Sam_UK: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 too?

(Guide on how to send Private Messages here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... )

0 Likes
amrit2208
First Poster
Options

I have been wearing the galaxy 4 watch for the last two days and I keep on feeling this tingling sensation on my hand. It gets really troublesome after long hours. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@amrit2208: I'm sorry to hear that. Can you confirm if the tingling sensation subsides when you remove the watch? If it does, please send a Private Message to Sam_UK by following the steps provided in the post above by @AntS and myself or one of the other mods will be on hand to escalate this for you. 

Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

Adding to this thread:

- I have experienced waking up with a headache, several times when I have worn my Watch 3 overnight

- For months I wore the watch on my left wrist, but had to stop when I developed an extreme inflammation in one of the wrist tendons (necessitated a steroid injection to cure it)

- whilst addressing and diagnosing the left wrist problem I wore the watch on my right wrist for about 3 months, and I now have a prominent blood vessel appearing at the surface of that wrist, just where the watch sits

Are the light emitting devices on the back of the watch causing this?

0 Likes