Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn keeps stopping

(Topic created on: 23-08-2020 10:32 PM)
destaniumen
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

The Wearable app refuses to start after the end of the pairing process with my new Galaxy Watch 3. The watch is unusable and ask for me to complete the setup on my phone but the app doesn't start. It just says Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn keeps stopping. 

I have tried factory reset of the watch, uninstalling all related Samsung Galaxy apps and accessory apps and installing them again. Still get the same issue. 

Screenshot_20200823-232601__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-233016__01.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JonathanL
First Poster
Options

Same here - Check and see if you have the Smartthings app on your phone. I did, and I guess the latest update to the Smartthings app screwed up the watch plug in. As soon as I removed the Smartthings app, the plug in started working again. Good Luck!

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
factory reset phone also 😞
0 Likes
MaxXevious
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue, worked fine yesterday when I setup my new watch, now it will not start.

0 Likes
Solution
JonathanL
First Poster
Options

Same here - Check and see if you have the Smartthings app on your phone. I did, and I guess the latest update to the Smartthings app screwed up the watch plug in. As soon as I removed the Smartthings app, the plug in started working again. Good Luck!

MatsF
First Poster
Options

That solved it for me too, thank you @JonathanL 😁

destaniumen
Apprentice
Options

It is disturbing how they even can let such a thing happen. I removed the Smartthings app and indeed now it's working...

Thank you so much for your reply! Now I can use the watch again. 

hallchr
First Poster
Options

fixed it for me....  shame it spoiled the enjoyment of the new watch

Epimetheus
Student
Options

Thanks a ton for this! My, this was spoiling my day!

FlorianK
Navigator
Options

Dear all, 

Interesting thread as both apps originate from Samsung and seem to cause such a critical problem. The problem does not appear with me, while the Smartthing app is installed, however I have never activated/used the app. 

0 Likes