Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch3 lte standalone calls and txt

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 10:08 PM)
Ruggedrock1
Student
Options

Hi can anyone answer my query?

Can you make calls and txt on a galaxy watch3 ( im on o2 network) when your phone(galaxy s9) is switched  off?

I was under the impression  when I got my watch from o2  sales person  that you can ! But this seems to conflict  with other information  I have read!?

And yes I have tried   to me a call etc but it doesn't  seem  to work!!.

so am I doing something  wrong? Or wad I mislead  in the information  I was given when I purchased  the watch!?

Any help or information  is appreciated!.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
GameBooth
Pioneer
Options
Is your watch connected to the O2 network when your phone is off? Swipe down on the screen and you should see the watch in Standalone mode and have the LTE signal indicator. I'm not so sure about it working with your phone off but definitely when not connected by Bluetooth or WiFi
0 Likes
Ruggedrock1
Student
Options

Hi game booth , yes it all works fine as you described  when my phone is turned on! ,I think I've just been a bit naive and misled with  information  in-store and on Internet  about how this watch functions  in standalone  mode.

I thought  this watch 3 lte was able to function  as a true standalone  device   but  this is not the case ! This watch does still need the  connected phone to be powered  on . Dont get me wrong still a great watch etc  ,but I do wish samsung  would make information  a bit clearer to retailers selling there devices and those who are not tech savvy!!!! .thanks again gamebooth for your reply and help .

GameBooth
Pioneer
Options
Happy to have helped! Honestly I thought it was totally standalone too but had never tried it with my phone off
0 Likes