Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 01:12 PM)
AllyLS
Student
Options
So frustrated!
Not long replaced my Active 2 with the Watch 4, but the battery barely lasts the day! I take it off charge in the morning and with battery saver on it's still dead by 6pm. 
Tried to reset the watch, but I've actually not changed any settings? Why is it doing this? I loved my Active 2 and the battery life was better on that after 3 years than the battery life on my NEW watch 4! I've only had it a few months! 
Any help would be great! 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AllyLS
Student
Options
How does this help me fix my watch?
AndrewL
Options

@AllyLS: How long have you had the Galaxy Watch 4? If it has been less than 2 weeks, then please be aware that there will be a period whereby the watch learns your usage patterns, and optimises the battery accordingly. Therefore, with this in mind, you should expect to see an improvement in the battery life over time.

If this isn't applicable, then please charge the Watch 4 to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 30%, then head to the Galaxy Wearable app > Watch settings > Battery, and check the breakdown to see if any apps or features are using a high amount of battery. I also recommend taking a look at the steps below in a n effort to improve your overall battery life.

- Make sure the device is on the latest software via Settings > Software Update, or on the Galaxy Wearables app via Watch Settings > Watch Software Update
- Disable Watch Always On, if applicable, via Settings > Display > Watch Always On.
- Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use
- Disable unused health features, such as the Heart Rate Tracker, by heading to Samsung Health > Settings > Measurement > Manual Only
- During periods of downtime, head to Settings > Battery > Watch Only > Turn On.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AllyLS  Battery life will improve if certain connnections/functions are only used when necessary.  There may be an issue with particular apps as @AndrewL  explained.  Do you have many other  than the pre installed ones? You may wish to consider a Power Saving Mode on occasions and  Static watch faces will also consume less Battery . 

some other information in this article  https://wearablestouse.com/blog/2022/04/11/save-battery-samsung-galaxy-watch-4/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
Can i jump on this thread? I'm also EXTREMELY dissatisfied with my S4.
Compared to my old Sport, it's RUBBISH.
Today's battery lasted just 7 hours, and I'm watching it drop like a stone from 21% to 13% in minutes.
There are no changes to my lifestyle, in fact I've done less today than I normally do, but since the update on November 16th the battery life has become terrible.
I was going to purchase the S5 for my husband, but I'm not. Don't tell me to switch off features that have been on all this time, Samsung, that's a workaround, not an answer. 🤥
0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
Ps, had this watch since Easter.
0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
Oh look, 9%
0 Likes
laughkay