Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 11:06 AM)
Mark_b80
First Poster
Options
My galaxy watch keeps connecting and disconnecting from my phone continuously I've cleared cache, deleted the app reinstalled but still continues to do it.
Has anyone got any idea why or has a fix?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
StephK1
Options

Hey @Mark_b80! Do you have Power saving mode active on your phone? If so, it would be a good shout to switch this off, as it can prevent a continuous Bluetooth connection, to save battery on your phone. 🙂

0 Likes
Mark_b80
First Poster
Options
Thank you for the reply but no power saving mode is switched off
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

No worries, do you experience the same issue with any other Bluetooth devices disconnecting from your phone? This is just to help determine if the issue is with the phone or watch. 

0 Likes
Mark_b80
First Poster
Options
No, no issues at all with any other Bluetooth devices, I've had the galaxy watch now for 2 years and only had this problem for about 3/4 months
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Ahh bit of a strange one then! Is everything up to date software wise? For your phone (if it's a Samsung model), you can do this by going to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install. To check your watch, please head to the Galaxy Wearable app > About watch > Update watch software > Update now.  🙂

0 Likes
Mark_b80
First Poster
Options
Everything is up to date on all software for both watch and phone
seems like there's no reason for this happening nor a quick fix ive tried everything 😕
But thank you for your help and replying much appreciated
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

You are very welcome @Mark_b80 . May I ask what type of device are you pairing with your Galaxy watch? You mentioned that this started 3-4 months ago, have you made any changes on any of your devices since that started? For example a software update or downloaded a new app? 

0 Likes
Mark_b80
First Poster
Options
I'm using the Samsung galaxy a32 5g the only updates are the standard usual ones and not downloaded any new apps
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for confirming that @Mark_b80 ! After how long the watch disconnect from the phone? Are the phone and watch in the same room that other active Bluetooth devices?

The next step would be placing the phone in Safe Mode and check if the same thing happens. To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart, and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode disables all third-party apps.

0 Likes