Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - where has my calorie data gone?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2019 05:30 PM)
Timberflake1983
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys,

I used to be able to see my calorie data on my watch by going into s.health, pressing calories, and there used to be a details button that is no longer there that would let me scroll back through several days of calories. Now, all I see is my current weeks calories by day but is doesn't even tell you what you've burned each day.

If I go into the S Health app on my phone, there's no calorie widget?! How can you have a fitness smartwatch that doesn't show calories?!!!

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
@Timberflake1983: I've had a look into this for you and can see that the Calorie counter now shows a general breakdown of your burnt calories in bar chart form, with an average displayed at the bottom. To get a better idea of the calories your burning you might want to try opening S health > Tap the heart image at the top > Scroll to the bottom and tap the cog symbol > Set Targets > Calories. This will show a weekly breakdown of your progress towards each target in a bar chart on the heart screen. I know it's not ideal, but if you use the targets as a benchmark then you can get a good idea of how many calories you have burned each day.
0 Likes
Timberflake1983
Journeyman
Options
Wow, really? So there's no way for me to see how many calories I burned yesterday, for example? Or last Thursday? There used to be....looks like I need to find a new tracker. If Samsung read these forums they really need to look at this, being able to see my calorie burn EASILY should be a fundamental of owning a smartwatch.
AndrewL
Options
It breaks it down daily via the bar chart on your watch's calorie counter, however to keep an archive of your results I recommend syncing with S Health on your phone
0 Likes
Timberflake1983
Journeyman
Options

But even the bar chart doesn't tell me how many calories I burned in the past, I can't even see how many calories I burned yesterday as 'activity', and what you're suggesting is a workaround for a feature that was there previously 

Timberflake1983
Journeyman
Options

So I've just tried to set my daily 'activity' target to 2500 calories, and it's put me at 22% of my goal even though I've burned 2000 calories so far because it's only counting calories through actual activity so this solution doesn't even work!

I cannot believe that I'm unable to see how many calories I've burned other than in real time! It's rediculous 

Timberflake1983
Journeyman
Options

For anyone else that's struggling with this, I've found the best workaround. If you go into the S Health app on your phone, you can use the weight management app to set a target weight a calorie target, this will then allow you to look back on previous days using the 'trends' tab and see how many calories you burned.

Why Samsung would think to have a dedicated wiget in the S Health app for things like floors climbed, but not calorie burn is beyond me, at least put it there as an option like all the other wigets!

JCRodriguez
First Poster
Options

I agree the whole objective of a tracker smart watch is to track with detail and the update took away that i will change brand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi there,

I have found a way to find previous calories burned in the Samsung Health app:

- go to Active Time

- this opens up 2 options, Track (todays data) or Trends

- go to Trends, and select the day you want to look and and scroll down; you'll see Daily Activity, Calories Burned 

Can't find a way of viewing it on my watch as yet...

Kbur6
Student
Options

I want to see total calories burned, active and inactive