Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Update

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 10:11 AM)
Gabs1416
Apprentice
Options
Had an update on my watch the other day and since then my new watch is losing battery quickly and wouldn't even turn on this morning?! Anyone else having issues?
12 REPLIES 12
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I read if you uninstall the galaxy Wear app that will stop the battery drain, give it a try & let me know.
JodieS
Apprentice
Options
Been having the same problem, I reset my watch then it wouldn't let me re connect with the wearable app so I don't know what they did but they messed up somewhere along the line.
Joe_p88
Journeyman
Options
I've been having the same problem did the update and now the battery drains so quickly!

I've reset it twice, deleted and reinstalled all the apps. Still the same battery issue and I only got it last month. It was working fine before before update.

I've reached out to samsung and they haven't been too great yet, now they said try putting it into 'watch only' mode to check if the battery still drains.

So I still don't know how to fix it after that annoying new update. So frustrating
Gabs1416
Apprentice
Options
It drains so much and I've got it on battery saving mode. Ridiculous. I tried Samsung help and they said send it back, which I'm not doing as its brand new!!
0 Likes
Joe_p88
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I got mine last month and samsung help chat just said 'the battery life will lessen over time' I wasn't expecting it to lessen after just a month 🙃

It's definitely down to the new update but whenever I've asked what was in the update or if there'll be a new one to fix it they never actually answer my question.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I was just going to order one, the 4G version, I'll wait a bit & see how this pans out.
Arh
First Poster
Options
I have had the same problem. Have reset but it wouldnt work unless I installed the update
Gabs1416
Apprentice
Options
Actually have stopped wearing it because it's losing battery within 2 hours.
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

I have tried loads of fixes over the past few days and at first I thought it was new software and after lots of resets and reinstalls it seems that the battery is eaten when the watch goes out of bluetooth range of the phone. I disabled the WiFi on the watch as it uses this when out of range and overnight I only used 13% of the battery when it has been 50% over the previous nights. That's not a fix but it shows the area where the problem lies.