Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch talking during swimming

(Topic created on: 02-03-2019 06:51 PM)
sharenslz
First Poster
Options

I use the watch for swimming, last week, all fine and tracks lengths etc. I downloaded some apps - white light, remote camera and find my car. Now when I swim the watch talks to me ! telling me  strokes, lengths,  total swim time.

Its very disconcerting as the speaker throws out water and the sound isnt great due to being wet.

Anyone know how I can turn off the voice ?

Ive unimstalled the apps - no difference.

Maybe reset ??

thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@sharenslz: This sounds like it may be a Text to Speech issue. To check, please go to Settings > Accessibility > Text-To-Speech > Off (if applicable). Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
sharenslz
First Poster
Options

HI Andrew

thanks for assistance - found settings in both samsung health app and the Galaxy Wear - cant seem to locate accessability tab ??

cheers sharen

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Accessibility is in between 'Account' and General' in the Settings, @sharenslz.

0 Likes
sharenslz
First Poster
Options

Hi

I've got the samsung health app running on Experia XZ1, click on settings, I get -

samsung account

units of measurement

notifications

marketing info

customised services

location info

accessories

connected services

advanced

lock app

data permissions

download personal data

about samsung health

help

??

thanks

0 Likes
UndercoverPingu
First Poster
Options

I hate this feature so much too. I've only just found out how to turn it off. You have to go into the health app, select the exercise thats giving you feedback and when you do you'll see 3 dots top right. Select it and first option is Audio Guide. Turn that off and you'll be free of the stupid voice that blasts info at everyone but you from your wrist while you've got headphones one. 

0 Likes