Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - swim dot com - not recording swimming intervals correctly

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 08:47 PM)
bowers160
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My Galaxy watch / swim dot com app is not recording my swim intervals correctly. Generally I do 100m & 200m in a 25m pool and it was working fine prior. Since 20th April, it records each length individually, so 25m; occasionally it will record a 50m or 75m, even though I am doing 100s and 200s. It seems to treat the time from turning at the end of the pool and pushing off as rest time; so where as previously it would record a 25m length as, say, 30 seconds (push off, swim strokes and turn), now it will record the 25m length as 26 seconds (swim strokes) and 4 second rest (turn and push off). So I assume because it is treating the push off as rest it records the 25m length individually rather than as part of a set of 100s or 200s. Note I don't do a tumble turn.

I'm guessing this is an issue with the watch itself rather than the app. I've tried a factory reset on the watch and re-install the app but it hasn't made any difference. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Sneezles
Apprentice
Options

Hi - my problem is different but similar. When I swam today, my Galaxy Watch 3 recorded 35x 25m lengths totaling 875m, rather than the 36x 25m totaling 900m that I actually swam. When I looked at the length data in Samsung Health, one length is shown as taking twice as long - so the watch has failed to register the end of one length and the start of the next. 

There doesn't seem to be any way to edit this to fix it, the only option being to delete the workout and re-enter it manually in Samsung Health, which defeats much of the point of having the watch as you lose all the other data. Very frustrating - I've only recently started using it for swimming and the glitch hasn't occurred previously. Grateful for any tips on how to stop this happening again, or workarounds to avoid having to delete workouts!

bowers160
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I found the Galaxy Watch and the Samsung Health app never very accurate at counting lengths. I've been using the swim.com app (install it to your watch and your mobile) for nearly two years and found it to be far more accurate at recording time and lengths (apart from the last two weeks which as I say I think is the  watches fault rather than the app).

0 Likes
bowers160
First Poster
Options

That said, the swim.com app does the same thing on occasion - it will record and extra length like 225m in a 200m set. So I'm doing 27-ish second lengths and then it will record 3 at 18.5, 16.0 and 20.8 - and no way I can swim that fast!

0 Likes
MikeRock
Explorer
Options

All recordings are wrong specially when one does drills. Leg distances never count and breaststroke pools are often wrong. This happens in almost smartwatches except Garmin ones.

I think it should be easy for samsung to correct the algorithm but they don' really care much for swimming, I think.

0 Likes
darikuri
Student
Options

Have you noticed an change in accuracy recently? When I swim in a 50 m pool, it forgets to register some of my lengths, so it sounds like the issue is unresolved after a couple of years.

0 Likes
Bavmeister
First Poster
Options
I'm using a Galaxy Watch5 for a sponsored 44 mile Swim and its definitely under reporting my Lengths/distance.
I know for a fact I swam in excess of 2 UK miles (3,219m) today and it only recorded 2370m !!
0 Likes