Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 03:41 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
fly10
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issue for a few months. It appears to cancel my cycle tracking usually within the first 10 minutes. Once it is OK for 30 minutes plus it seems to cope. I thought it might be stopping due to water so set it once to the water lock but it still stopped early so I have discounted this theory. Turning my S3 watch off and on sometimes help but not always.

0 Likes
djawb
Apprentice
Options

I just fixed this on my galaxy watch after weeks of frustration. The bad news - You need to reset it. Thew good news - you can just re-download your watch faces and apps again quite easily but more importantly, it doesn't stop during a workout anymore

0 Likes
djsat2
Explorer
Options

That's what Samsung support will get you to do but it's not a fix it's a workaround. They need to fix the software so this doesn't happen in the first place.

0 Likes
MehdiZ
Apprentice
Options

Even after reset, I had the problem again (I have already reset 4 times the watch because of this).

Today, I had another problem, during the workout (cycling), I paused for some street workout and when resuming the cycling, the distance has remained frozen, but the time goes on. I realized that after several kilometers.

Unfortunately for us, this watch is a shame, sleep analyzing is wrong, I never finished a training and had a complete heart rate analysis. 

0 Likes
South Africa
First Poster
Options

The watch has gone bonkers since the last software update. Reviewed targets and goals etc. Still stops midway through a workout. 

0 Likes
Thraix
Student
Options

Just got home from a run which stopped midway through... happens to me every now and then too. I notice it always (or most often) happens when I'm wearing a long sleeve when running (with sleeves I can put my thumb through so the shirt is over the watch). I'm fairly sure the watch registers the shirt as presses and makes it swipe up (which brings up the stop session menu) and then presses "Finish Workout". Without me doing any form of conscious decision. These type of "ghost presses" are happening on this watch all the time, from me crossing my arms to relaxing my arms on my legs.  It is frustrating me to no end that the watch is so dumb at registring presses, and Samsung not giving this any care at all. Im just so fed up with these garbage samsung products that don't work correctly. Never getting any more of these type of products from Samsung ever again, especially when Samsung does not care about the customers...

FIX YOUR WATCH SAMSUNG!!!

Dese64
First Poster
Options
I have this problem when recording my swimming sessions. Very annoying. It can stop recording almost the moment I'm in the water or will stop after 20 mins, 35 mins or when it feels like it. I swim for 50 mins and would like accurate info each time.
Very cross about this. I was told it automatically stops if you're still for 1 minute, we'll I don't stop. So that's not true.
Align
First Poster
Options

It's complicated but easy, 😉 you just have to FIRST start a workout while on the active workout screen look for the hamburger, then eat. After you tap the hamburger, next scroll and look for the auto pause option toggle it off and know that any changes you make seems to affect all other workouts too... 

0 Likes
Loulou38
Student
Options
I'm having exactly the same issue! And when the workout stops, the water lock unlocks. It's so annoying!!
0 Likes
Peppy22
First Poster
Options

I just got this watch 2 months ago and my workouts are stopping mid-workout and most recently when it doesnt stop all together or try to turn on music, the calorie count for my hot yoga has stopped working correctly. for yoga it was initially showing over 200 calories for the class and now only records 30 for the same class. I tried rebooting twice but that did not resolve it. Is there a fix now? If so how do I take advantage of it?

0 Likes