Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 26-09-2020 12:44 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
TPearce79
Apprentice
Options
I am having this issue now and seems only to be since a recent update, not back in May. has a fix been identified? I also started Nether thread for this issue as hadn't seen this one before hand.
0 Likes
TPearce79
Apprentice
Options
I will give that a try tomorrow morning, see if that helps when I go for 5k run. normally cuts out after 10 mins.
0 Likes
TPearce79
Apprentice
Options
I tried going in flight mode, it didn't make a difference. Samsung health stopped after 2 minutes. not cool!
0 Likes
Members_ESkUPfL
First Poster
Options

Mine has just started doing the same thing, just stopping mid work-out.  Very frustrating, as this is the reason I bought this watch.  Haven't seen anything here with a fix?  I haven't noticed anything with the battery.. yet.  

0 Likes
denisiel
First Poster
Options

just got Watch 3 last Wednesday. I have biked, hike or walked every day since.  I recorded the workouts and the mileage is correct.  Today when checking the record, nothing has been recorded in the Samsung Health app.  

Today I did a class and it stopped auto recording after 12 minutes.  I manually recorded and it only recorded 18 seconds.  I see these in the app.

Also, if use GPS to record a run, battery drains to less than 20% after three hours.

Software version R850XXU1BTHA

CompuDuck57
First Poster
Options

This started happening to me a week or two ago. I have my watch connected to a Galaxy A5 phone. It happens every day now with my Walking and Circuit Training workouts. 

Greg

0 Likes
Karel2020
Apprentice
Options

Hello Samsung, can you please sort this out ASAP. Having the same issue with the Galaxy Watch 3. No matter what the workout is it will stop recording within a few seconds of starting the work out manually.

0 Likes
Davyn
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same troubles. Cuts out within 5 seconds of starting. Any updates @samsung??

0 Likes
Karel2020
Apprentice
Options

OK, I think I figured it out and it now seems to be working again for me.

There were 3 steps that I followed.

1st step, In my Watch I went into Settings, then Apps, then Permissions, then into Samsung Health. Here I noticed that Memory was set to OFF, so I set it to ON.

2nd step, In my Watch I went into Settings, then Apps, then Permissions, then into the Watch face I had installed and noticed that Sensors was set to OFF, turned that to ON.

3rd step, turned my watch off and on again.

These ideas come from when I read in one of the earlier posts that someone mentioned something about potential memory issues.

Did long bike ride this morning and it recorded everything perfectly. Just about to do another work out, without having my mobile in close proximity to see if that works as well.

Hope this helps.

Samzzr1400
First Poster
Options

I face exactly the same problem also with battery.

0 Likes