Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 09:32 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
SkipL
Apprentice
Options

Check out a previous post by "The Walker" outlining how to reset and restore your watch.  Many, including myself, have restored their watches and now everything works perfectly.  

0 Likes
djsat2
Explorer
Options

+1 for this topic, had several workouts in the last week where when finishing the workout i've discovered the watch has stopped reocrding about 10-15 minutes into the workout.  Not alert or errors to explain why.  The part of the workout which the watch tracked still syncs to S Health and can view on my phone but watch has mysteriusly stopped tracking a short time into it.  This is not from automatic tracking, its from me asking the watch to track a walk or run.  Only started in the last week.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I had the same problem. I spoke to Samsung and they suggested a factory reset on the watch. Do a backup first and then go into settings on the watch and select factory reset. It didn't take long and it's ok now. Good luck.

0 Likes
Gav27
First Poster
Options

Hi Bernado,

I have just got the 46mm galaxy watch last week. But when doing a HIIT workout yesterday and a walk today the HR goes way off and then stops tracking. Is this related in any way, or does everyones HR still track when following the above resolution? 

0 Likes
Chooka
First Poster
Options

I too have same issue. Watch stops recording each time at about 1.7kms and also Bluetooth disconnects at same time and stops playing my music. This has been happening now for about 2 weeks. It's extremely frustrating. 

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Hi there,

On Samsung advice you need to try a factory reset of the watch. Just make sure you do backup first. Mine has been ok now for several weeks

JPW2412
First Poster
Options

Did this get resolved at all, I'm experiencing the same problems, weight training workout turning itself off and now when I'm out cycling it doing the same.

0 Likes
TheWalker
Journeyman
Options

The procedure has worked for everyone who's done it.

0 Likes
JPW2412
First Poster
Options

Cheers, I'll give it a go!

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Yes it worked for me.

0 Likes