Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 08:39 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
MehdiZ
Apprentice
Options

It seems to work well! but I think that normally it is up to them to correct what they did not to the user to make a reinitilisation and reconfigure a part of the watch for that ..

0 Likes
DutchPeter
Apprentice
Options

I followed the procedure mentioned earlier:

- backup

- reset

- clear cache

etc

and IT WORKS!

I went for a couple of walks and some bike rides and didn't have any problem at all.

btw: I still didn't select 'screen on' but it went fine

Thanks

0 Likes
andreyco
Journeyman
Options

I recently completed the reset procedure described earlier in this thread and have now had a chance to test if it has made a difference.

Completed a 1.5 hour, 16 mile ride with auto-pause OFF, screen always-on OFF. No issues with activity tracking ending early.

0 Likes
SkipL
Apprentice
Options

Thanks to TheWalker.....

I've run the procedure and have done a few workouts and I haven't had any problems.  The timer function previously also used to stop and now it operates like it should.  I have left the settings in Samsung Health at their defaults.  

Thanks again, you helped get my "old watch" back.

0 Likes
LucyLubbs
First Poster
Options
Thank you for this info my watch started to do this this week. So have done all the steps and see what it does next time I am out for a run.
0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Over the last few weeks, I am having exactly the same problem on cycling and runs. It's unbelievably annoying and I want to through the watch in the bushes! It appears it's been going on for a few months. Does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
lorirog
Apprentice
Options

If you go back a couple of pages, about 2 weeks ago, TheWalker posted a reset procedure from Samsung support.  It's kind of a pain, but I have had no problems since I went through the procedure.  I left everything at the factory defaults except I turned off the autodetects.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

thank you. I did actually get through to Samsung in the UK and they suggested the same thing. I backed up and did a factory reset and then restored. I then updated various apps but didn't update Samsung Health as worried that there is an update there that has caused the problem

0 Likes
Sophiecaitlan
First Poster
Options

I've been having this same issue for the past few weeks or so. Im not running, I do weight lifting or circuit training and sometimes I'm lucky if it even stays on for 2 minutes. I got 30 minutes in and it was fine today but 10 minutes later it has stopped itself. Please fix this.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Hi I called Samsung and they took me through a factory reset. Just do a backup first and then a restore. It seems to have worked, sigh I still have an issue of the watch stopping recording my heart rate when I am cycling. I just don't think they will ever fix that problem. Good luck

0 Likes